Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Johanna Tarkela, a self-taught artist from Finland, now residing in the UK. With a big love for the natural world and fantasy creatures, she works in digital media and creates believable atmospheric work.
Get in touch with Johanna
- Website: http://johannatarkela.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lhuin/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JohannaTarkelaArt/
“Don’t be afraid to give things a “go”!”
- Johanna studied both in a ‘brick school’ and online and the main advantage of the brick school that it helped her to come out of her shell because she was surrounded by other creative people
- Johanna learned early on not to be too hard on herself and take time to be curious and observe a lot of things around herself
- Johanna advises that you should always be kind to yourself and even if you have a bad day, just know you will have a good day later
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools
Special thanks to Johanna for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Johanna Tarkela, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.199: Hobby which turned into an interesting career with Donna Adi
Donna Adi, illustrator and photographer. We talk about how her hobby turned into a full time career, working with well-known fashion brands!
Ep.59: Kiki Eiseman (Gweakles) on overcoming obstacles to become a full time artist
Kiersten or Kiki, a Florida native, is a full-time visual designer and illustrator with a focus on pop culture illustration.
Ep.117: How to get internship in Disney with Tyler ‘Ty’ Amato
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Tyler Amato, an Illustrator and Art Director from Florida. She has worked in Disney's Yellow Shoes Creative Group, the in-house creative shop for Disney Destinations.
Ep.146: Nic Gregory on why it’s never too late to start with art career
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nic Gregory, a Background Painter and VisDev Artist. From Australia, Nic decided to move to LA to work in the animation in mid-30s. He worked with Disney, Cartoon Network, and Rough Draft Studios.
Ep.114: Mike Henry on how to run sketching groups
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Mike Henry, a concept artist and art director, working at BigPoint. Most of his career, he has worked in the gaming industry with studios like Zynga, Blizzard Activision, Booyah, Disney Mobile, Ubisoft.