Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Johanna Tarkela, a self-taught artist from Finland, now residing in the UK. With a big love for the natural world and fantasy creatures, she works in digital media and creates believable atmospheric work.
Get in touch with Johanna
- Website: http://johannatarkela.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lhuin/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JohannaTarkelaArt/
“Don’t be afraid to give things a “go”!”
- Johanna studied both in a ‘brick school’ and online and the main advantage of the brick school that it helped her to come out of her shell because she was surrounded by other creative people
- Johanna learned early on not to be too hard on herself and take time to be curious and observe a lot of things around herself
- Johanna advises that you should always be kind to yourself and even if you have a bad day, just know you will have a good day later
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools
Special thanks to Johanna for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Johanna Tarkela, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.35: Why you should take advice from people who are where you want to be with Lord Gris
Lord Gris is a Game assets designer. She creates most of her artworks digitally and she also produces prints and stickers from her creations.
Ep.26: How to be resourceful artist with Djamila Knopf
Djamila is a professional illustrator. Her drawing style is influenced by Japanese animation and artists such as Iain McCaig, Tran Nguyen, and Amei Zhao.
Ep.18: Why you can learn much more by focusing on specific art topics with Tomasz Mro
Tomasz Mro is a Polish illustrator living in the UK. As a freelancer, he creates personal works mainly using watercolors, pencil, pens, acrylic, and inks.
Ep.177: We are students forever with David Colman (DavidsDoodles)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with David Colman, better known online as DavidsDoodles. He is an illustrator, who has worked as a visual development artist, character designer, story artist and art director in the animation since 2003.
Ep.30: Being a mom and full time artist with Simone Grünewald (Schmoedraws)
Simone Gruenewald is a digital and traditional artist from Germany. She loves to tell stories with her sketches in fantasy settings or inspired by her life.