Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Jessica Fong, an illustrator with the traditional art background and a co-founder of indie game studio Lonely Egg.The studio develops highly artistic games with their first game “In the Keeper’s Shadow”.
Get in touch with Jessica
“All advice is bad. As an artist you want to be living your own journey and experiences. It’s good to learn from other artists, but you need to forge your own mistakes, successes and live the life you wanna live!”
- When she was studying, Jessica started her own club for concept artists so they can improve faster and help each other succeed. They would do daily sketching, presentation standups and inspiration sessions
- Jessica advises, before you go into business, try to learn as much possible to avoid mistakes down the road. She says that her peers helped her the most with all the advice.
- As an artist, you should care deeply about your own IP, Jessica says. You don’t want to lose rights to these characters and ideas that have lived with you for so many years.
- School Jessica attended https://www.calpoly.edu/
- Jessica’s indie gaming studio: Lonely Egg Studio
- Dan Howard, our guest from Episode 91 is one of the team members
Special thanks to Jessica for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Jessica Fong, used with permission