Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Jessica Fong, an illustrator with the traditional art background and a co-founder of indie game studio Lonely Egg.The studio develops highly artistic games with their first game “In the Keeper’s Shadow”.
Get in touch with Jessica
“All advice is bad. As an artist you want to be living your own journey and experiences. It’s good to learn from other artists, but you need to forge your own mistakes, successes and live the life you wanna live!”
- When she was studying, Jessica started her own club for concept artists so they can improve faster and help each other succeed. They would do daily sketching, presentation standups and inspiration sessions
- Jessica advises, before you go into business, try to learn as much possible to avoid mistakes down the road. She says that her peers helped her the most with all the advice.
- As an artist, you should care deeply about your own IP, Jessica says. You don’t want to lose rights to these characters and ideas that have lived with you for so many years.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- School Jessica attended https://www.calpoly.edu/
- Jessica’s indie gaming studio: Lonely Egg Studio
- Dan Howard, our guest from Episode 91 is one of the team members
Special thanks to Jessica for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Jessica Fong, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.29: How to set goals and stay motivated with Monique Renee
Monique is a part artist - part fairy bringing all magic! She specializes in traditional art and her medium of choice is watercolor.
Ep.170: The Filmmaking artist with Kesh
Kesh, a freelance illustrator and filmmaker from India, most known for his popular YouTube channel where he shares art tips and tricks
Ep.93: Marc Brunet on how to be in charge of your own life
Marc Brunet, a Character, Concept and 3D artist and founder of Cube Brush, a platform for tutorials, tools, game & design assets.
Ep.66: From studying Law to successful art career with Georgi Georgiev (Goshun)
Georgi is an illustrator and concept artist from Sofia, Bulgaria. He worked on concept art and matte paintings for movies such as Conan and Expendables.
Ep.31: Fantasy worlds building with Sean Andrew Murray (City of Gateway)
Sean is a freelance illustrator, concept artist, author, and teacher living in Florida. He is the creator of City of Gateway.