Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Jessica Fong, an illustrator with the traditional art background and a co-founder of indie game studio Lonely Egg.The studio develops highly artistic games with their first game “In the Keeper’s Shadow”.
Join Evolve Artist Program, the world’s simplest art training method with results guaranteed!
★ Use my coupon code to get a special discount
Get in touch with Jessica
- Website: http://jessicafong.strikingly.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anireal.art/
“All advice is bad. As an artist you want to be living your own journey and experiences. It’s good to learn from other artists, but you need to forge your own mistakes, successes and live the life you wanna live!”
- When she was studying, Jessica started her own club for concept artists so they can improve faster and help each other succeed. They would do daily sketching, presentation standups and inspiration sessions
- Jessica advises, before you go into business, try to learn as much possible to avoid mistakes down the road. She says that her peers helped her the most with all the advice.
- As an artist, you should care deeply about your own IP, Jessica says. You don’t want to lose rights to these characters and ideas that have lived with you for so many years.
- School Jessica attended https://www.calpoly.edu/
- Jessica’s indie gaming studio: Lonely Egg Studio
- Dan Howard, our guest from Episode 91 is one of the team members
Special thanks to Jessica for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Jessica Fong, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.154: Should I be a freelancer or work for a studio with Richard Anderson
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Richard Anderson, a freelance concept artist, in London. He works on games, films, commercials and publishing with clients such as Marvel Studios, Warner Bros, Universal Pictures, 20th Century FOX, and others.
Ep.186: Part 1 – How to get noticed as an artist on social media with Sweeney Boo
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with Sweeney Boo, a freelance artist from Canada known for her graphic novel “Eat and Love Yourself”.
Ep.40: Lärienne (lariennechan) on how to succeed in different social media
Lärienne, a traditional and digital freelance illustrator from Poland brings various characters, concepts, symbolism, and stories to life.
Ep.111: Great tips on working with clients with Luis Gadea
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Luis Gadea, a Character Designer, and Animator. He has worked in the animation industry on animated commercials, TV series and as a Character Designer for The Angry Birds movie and The Lego Movie Sequel.
Ep.93: Marc Brunet on how to be in charge of your own life
Marc Brunet, a Character, Concept and 3D artist and founder of Cube Brush, a platform for tutorials, tools, game & design assets.
Ep.84: Making your dreams come true with Angela Jarman from Fancy Fairy
Angela has been making and selling fairy wings for over 10 years, and as a sole proprietor for 7 of them.Her wings have been used in Victoria Secret fashion shows, on Katy Perry in Every Day is a Holiday, Music video and in multiple fine art photography projects.