Morgan Amelia, from the UK, also known as JellieBee is a sequential illustrator developing comics and creating YouTube videos about art and illustration. She is currently moving to Canada where she will pursue her dream working in the animation.
I am a big fan of cartoons, video games, brush pens, watercolors, ASMR and bats.
Get in touch with JellieBee
“Stay true to yourself and if you are happy with drawing whatever you like, then just do it. Whatever makes you happy. There will be people that want to bring you down but always push through it. You are always stronger than you think. ”
- Her nickname Jellie Bee comes from Bumble Bees, from her university times. She has supported regeneration of bees, even her final animation was about preservation of Bees. She is big supported of Bumblebee conservation trust.
- How to start with YouTube? Main this is not to be afraid. She used to be very shy, introverted, but she can make herself extroverted. A lot of artists have anxiety, so just keep going and it becomes natural.
- Her biggest motivator is playing video games
- JellieBee is also very inspired by history, especially Japanese history and she listens to a lot of Japanese classical music. She loves to research it and apply it to her work.
- She always wanted a career in animation. In the UK the industry is not full on / commercial enough. There are big studios, but the jobs are more competitive and she wanted to try Canada. Vancouver is a hot spot in animation and her dream is to live in California at some point
- She has visited Ghibli museum two times already. Don’t forget to pre-book to get the tickets!
- Show on CN that influenced JellieBee a lot: Steven Universe
- JellieBee supports conservation of bees and donates annually to Bumblebee Conservation Trust
- Video game that inspires Jelliebee a lot nowadays: Persona
- Animation Studios in the UK: Brown Bag Studios, Aardman, Cartoon Network Studio Europe
- You can meet Jelliebee at MCM Comic Con in the UK
- Art tools:
- JellieBee recommends seeing in Japan: Ghibli Museum, Takeshita Street
Special thanks to JellieBee for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by JellieBee, used with permission