Morgan Amelia, from the UK, also known as JellieBee is a sequential illustrator developing comics and creating YouTube videos about art and illustration. She is currently moving to Canada where she will pursue her dream working in the animation.
I am a big fan of cartoons, video games, brush pens, watercolors, ASMR and bats.
Get in touch with JellieBee
“Stay true to yourself and if you are happy with drawing whatever you like, then just do it. Whatever makes you happy. There will be people that want to bring you down but always push through it. You are always stronger than you think. ”
- Her nickname Jellie Bee comes from Bumble Bees, from her university times. She has supported regeneration of bees, even her final animation was about preservation of Bees. She is big supported of Bumblebee conservation trust.
- How to start with YouTube? Main this is not to be afraid. She used to be very shy, introverted, but she can make herself extroverted. A lot of artists have anxiety, so just keep going and it becomes natural.
- Her biggest motivator is playing video games
- JellieBee is also very inspired by history, especially Japanese history and she listens to a lot of Japanese classical music. She loves to research it and apply it to her work.
- She always wanted a career in animation. In the UK the industry is not full on / commercial enough. There are big studios, but the jobs are more competitive and she wanted to try Canada. Vancouver is a hot spot in animation and her dream is to live in California at some point
- She has visited Ghibli museum two times already. Don’t forget to pre-book to get the tickets!
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Show on CN that influenced JellieBee a lot: Steven Universe
- JellieBee supports conservation of bees and donates annually to Bumblebee Conservation Trust
- Video game that inspires Jelliebee a lot nowadays: Persona
- Animation Studios in the UK: Brown Bag Studios, Aardman, Cartoon Network Studio Europe
- You can meet Jelliebee at MCM Comic Con in the UK
- Art tools:
- JellieBee recommends seeing in Japan: Ghibli Museum, Takeshita Street
Special thanks to JellieBee for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by JellieBee, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.89: The journey of a professional comic/manga artist with Odunze Oguguo (Whytmanga)
Odunze, Whytmanga, is a comic manga artist, author and illustrator of Apple Black comic and Co-Founder of Saturday-AM.
Ep.20: Don’t think about other artists as competition with Ashleigh Izienicki (missupacey)
Ashleigh is a freelance illustrator from Colorado. Her current dream is to be able to make money doing something she loves, creating art!
Ep.32: Alisa Vysochina on how to choose the right printer and paper for selling your art prints
Alisa is a freelance illustrator, primarily working with watercolors. She loves plants and flowers which reflect in her beautiful watercolor illustrations.
Ep.116: Discipline will help you achieve anything with Carolina Parada (Carosurreal)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Carolina Parada, an illustrator, biologist, and researcher originally from Colombia, now living and working in France. She is most known for her stories that she writes and draws by herself!
Ep.1: Color combinations and inspiration with Loish
Loish works as a freelance illustrator and animator from her home in Holland. She was featured in Imagine FX and published her own book The Art of Loish.
Ep.100: About the legacy of your work with Daniel Lieske (Wormworld Saga)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Daniel Lieske, a full-time author, and illustrator, known for his famous digital graphic novel Wormworld saga. He is also the founder of digitalartforum.de one of the biggest German digital art community.