Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Isaac Orloff, a visdev artist from LA. He has worked on television shows, games, and film projects with Zynga, Marvel animation, and Dreamworks. He is also known for the Sketch Dailies project.
Join Evolve Artist Program, the world’s simplest art training method with results guaranteed!
★ Use my coupon code to get a special discount
Get in touch with Isaac
- Website: http://www.orloffillustration.com/#!/Home
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/isaacorloff/
“Embrace hard moments, because that means you are progressing”
- Isaac realized early on that he has to move from East coast to California if he wanted to work in animation. Pretty much, 95% of all the roads in animation lead to LA.
- Isaac found all the studio jobs via referrals, being nice to people. In the last job, he was recommended for the position by a friend. Having somebody on the inside is a huge help.
- Isaac owes a lot to CTN Expo, because he made many contacts and friends
- Isaac was fortunate enough to have his work reviewd by Peter DeSeve who gave him strong critique about his ‘shortcuts’ and that he should draw things how they really look. You should always learn from people who excel in the area you want to be in the future.
- Inspirational artists
- Sam Nielsen, Mel Milton
- Guys from WB Games: Avalanche software – seeing their work – this is what I want to do
- Artistic tool – all Adobe Photoshop
Special thanks to Isaac for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Isaac Orloff, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.55: Arucelli on having fun with art and being open to learning from everyone
Arucelli is a digital artist from North Carolina. She is most known for drawing anime and colorful Manga style with a fantasy feel.
Ep.6: John Nevarez on working for animation studios like Pixar and SONY Pictures Animation
John is a Visual Development and Story Artist at Sony Pictures Animation in California. He created designs for Inside Out, Monster’s University and Cars 2.
Ep.121: Do you need talent to be an artist with Sara Faber
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Sara Faber, a full-time illustrator & visual development based in Berlin. She specializes in digital art and watercolors.
Ep.39: Ahmed Aldoori on talent and discipline
Ahmed Aldoori graduated from Art Center College of Design with a BS in Entertainment Design. He enjoys and is very active in teaching art through YouTube.
Ep.177: We are students forever with David Colman (DavidsDoodles)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with David Colman, better known online as DavidsDoodles. He is an illustrator, who has worked as a visual development artist, character designer, story artist and art director in the animation since 2003.