Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Isaac Orloff, a visdev artist from LA. He has worked on television shows, games, and film projects with Zynga, Marvel animation, and Dreamworks. He is also known for the Sketch Dailies project.
Get in touch with Isaac
“Embrace hard moments, because that means you are progressing”
- Isaac realized early on that he has to move from East coast to California if he wanted to work in animation. Pretty much, 95% of all the roads in animation lead to LA.
- Isaac found all the studio jobs via referrals, being nice to people. In the last job, he was recommended for the position by a friend. Having somebody on the inside is a huge help.
- Isaac owes a lot to CTN Expo, because he made many contacts and friends
- Isaac was fortunate enough to have his work reviewd by Peter DeSeve who gave him strong critique about his ‘shortcuts’ and that he should draw things how they really look. You should always learn from people who excel in the area you want to be in the future.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Inspirational artists
- Artistic tool – all Adobe Photoshop
Special thanks to Isaac for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Isaac Orloff, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.190: Part 2 – Working with watercolors with Nina Vakueva (sirpangur)
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with Nina Vakueva, on Instagram known as Sirpangur, a comic artist and freelancer from Russia known for webcomic “Lilith’s word”.
Ep.64: JellieBee on how to start with YouTube and her interest in Japanese culture
Morgan Amelia, from the UK, also known as JellieBee is a sequential illustrator developing comics and creating YouTube videos about art and illustration.
Ep.183: Part 2 – How to grow on Instagram with David Alvarez (davexp)
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with David Alvarez, also known as DaveXP on Instagram who is a digital artist and illustrator from Costa Rica.
Ep.117: How to get internship in Disney with Tyler ‘Ty’ Amato
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Tyler Amato, an Illustrator and Art Director from Florida. She has worked in Disney's Yellow Shoes Creative Group, the in-house creative shop for Disney Destinations.
Ep.81: How to start and succeed as full time comic author and illustrator with Raul Trevino
Raul Trevino is a comic book writer and illustrator originally from Monterrey, Mexico, now based in Chiba, Japan. He has been making comics for the last 15 years, and his specialty is to create fun worlds full of adventure. He wants to have a dialogue with his audience through his stories.