Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Isaac Orloff, a visdev artist from LA. He has worked on television shows, games, and film projects with Zynga, Marvel animation, and Dreamworks. He is also known for the Sketch Dailies project.
Get in touch with Isaac
“Embrace hard moments, because that means you are progressing”
- Isaac realized early on that he has to move from East coast to California if he wanted to work in animation. Pretty much, 95% of all the roads in animation lead to LA.
- Isaac found all the studio jobs via referrals, being nice to people. In the last job, he was recommended for the position by a friend. Having somebody on the inside is a huge help.
- Isaac owes a lot to CTN Expo, because he made many contacts and friends
- Isaac was fortunate enough to have his work reviewd by Peter DeSeve who gave him strong critique about his ‘shortcuts’ and that he should draw things how they really look. You should always learn from people who excel in the area you want to be in the future.
- Inspirational artists
- Artistic tool – all Adobe Photoshop
Special thanks to Isaac for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Isaac Orloff, used with permission