Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ilse Harting, a Freelancer Illustrator and Concept Artist from the Netherlands who is known for her fantasy character creations and illustrations.
Get in touch with Ilse
“It’s good to stay true to yourself and why you became an artist in the first place, but at the same time keep open to other perspectives!”
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Wacom Cintiq and Adobe Photoshop CC
- CLIP STUDIO PAINT, former Illuststudio a Japanese painting software
Special thanks to Ilse for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Ilse Harting, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
This episode is sponsored by
- INPRNT – Are you looking for a top quality print shop and online store to sell your prints? Then you should definitely check out INPRNT! INPRNT has been helping artists print and sell gallery quality prints of their work all over the world for over a decade. Go to artsideoflife.com/inprnt and use promo code artside to get 10% discount.
- ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
Ep.129: Why you should welcome feedback for your art with Pernille Ørum
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Pernille Ørum, a freelance illustrator and character designer from Denmark. Her clients include Disney, Warner Bros, Mattel, and Nickelodeon. She was the lead character designer on DC Superhero Girls.
Ep.210: Interview with community members – Donovan, Visi and Keshna (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway - Donovan (fantasy artist, Texas), Visi (Illustrator, Colorado) and Keshna (Illustrator, New Jersey).
Ep.34: The craft of urban sketching with Teoh Yi Chie from Parkablogs.com
Teoh, the founder of parkablogs.com is an artist/designer who creates graphics for news publication. He now shares his experience and knowledge on YouTube.
Ep.81: How to start and succeed as full time comic author and illustrator with Raul Trevino
Raul Trevino is a comic book writer and illustrator originally from Monterrey, Mexico, now based in Chiba, Japan. He has been making comics for the last 15 years, and his specialty is to create fun worlds full of adventure. He wants to have a dialogue with his audience through his stories.
Ep.106: Devon Cady-Lee shares awesome tips on how to design characters
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Devon Cady-Lee, a freelance Character designer and Concept Artist living in Seattle. He has worked for studios like Warner Bros Turbine, Wizard of the Coast, and latest being Motiga games Gigantic!