Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ismael Alejandro Moreno Ozuna, aka IAMO from Tijuana, Mexico. He is a Cartoonist and Character Designer mostly known for his popular Nerdmigos webcomic where he shares his passion for telling stories.
Get in touch with Ismael
- Website: https://www.iamodoodles.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iamodoodles/
- Nerdmigos: http://www.nerdmigos.com/
“Find and build your tribe!”
- IAMO has been looking for a mentor whole his life and he started reaching out to artists who were willing to share their advice. Stephen Silver became his mentor and advised him on tools, direction and ways to improve
- IAMO shares that best advice he ever received was on the importance of setting goals and having a purpose. Mentor can help you to clarify these things
- IAMO says that you gonna get a good feedback from the person when the first question they ask you is “What is your goal?”
- IAMO’s fav quote is from Henry Moore, a sculptor: “There is no retirement for the artist, it’s the way of living!” It means we don’t stop learning and it makes it very exciting because you never get bored
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- IAMO’s mentor: Stephen Silver
- Art tools:
Special thanks to Ismael for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Ismael Alejandro Moreno Ozuna, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.50: Drawing Disney fanart and finding your own style with Dylan Bonner
Dylan is an amazing illustrator and freelance artist from Michigan. He is most known for his lovely mermaids, Disney fanart, and comics.
Ep.181: How to tell stories in your images with Matt Rhodes (Tellurion)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Matt Rhodes, an Art Director at Bioware. He has worked on Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition. His personal project called Tellurion is an attempt to tell a story entirely through visuals.
Ep.129: Why you should welcome feedback for your art with Pernille Ørum
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Pernille Ørum, a freelance illustrator and character designer from Denmark. Her clients include Disney, Warner Bros, Mattel, and Nickelodeon. She was the lead character designer on DC Superhero Girls.
Ep.99: The power of taking challenges on Instagram with Levi Prewitt
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Levi Prewitt, a cartoonist from San Francisco, California. He is the creator of Repo Creepo a comic about the hunters of the ghost, vampires, and daemons! He also worked on a card game Kill the Unicorns.
Ep.122: How to start an art business, with Stephanie Krist (Fired Figments)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Stephanie Krist, the owner of Fired Figments, a handcrafted ceramics. She studied Studio Art and business administration. Stephanie sells her fantasy dragon creations online and on art shows.
Ep.106: Devon Cady-Lee shares awesome tips on how to design characters
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Devon Cady-Lee, a freelance Character designer and Concept Artist living in Seattle. He has worked for studios like Warner Bros Turbine, Wizard of the Coast, and latest being Motiga games Gigantic!