Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Aiman Akhtar, a freelance 3D Artist who specializes in character development and 3D print design. He is the creator of a toy line Fungisaurs, the cute hybrid of dinosaurs and mushrooms.
Get in touch with Aiman
“Get comfortable doing lots of different jobs – social media, marketing, legalities, accounting – nothing to do with art, but you have to get comfortable to succeed”
- In Chicago in 2008, during the recession, Aiman honed his 3D skills, but became also a generalist artist, he learned everything on the job – business, marketing and it helped him once he moved to LA
- When Aiman moved to LA, he networked as much as possible. The more he networked, the more opportunities came his way. He just stayed in touch with people and reached out to them with new work every couple of months. They saw his progress and when they had a job opportunity instead of publishing the job ad they reached out to him first
- Working on Fungisaurs, Aiman mentions that he wishes he knew how much marketing is needed, how much prework, strategy, press, magazines, publications. It’s a lot of hustle hustle hustle.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Aiman’s toyline: Fungisaurs
- 3D learning resources
- Jurassic Park – Aiman’s all-time favorite movie and inspiration for his career
Special thanks to Aiman for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Aiman Akhtar, used with permission