Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Aiman Akhtar, a freelance 3D Artist who specializes in character development and 3D print design. He is the creator of a toy line Fungisaurs, the cute hybrid of dinosaurs and mushrooms.
Join Evolve Artist Program, the world’s simplest art training method with results guaranteed!
★ Use my coupon code to get a special discount
Get in touch with Aiman
- Website: http://www.aiman3d.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aiman3D
“Get comfortable doing lots of different jobs – social media, marketing, legalities, accounting – nothing to do with art, but you have to get comfortable to succeed”
- In Chicago in 2008, during the recession, Aiman honed his 3D skills, but became also a generalist artist, he learned everything on the job – business, marketing and it helped him once he moved to LA
- When Aiman moved to LA, he networked as much as possible. The more he networked, the more opportunities came his way. He just stayed in touch with people and reached out to them with new work every couple of months. They saw his progress and when they had a job opportunity instead of publishing the job ad they reached out to him first
- Working on Fungisaurs, Aiman mentions that he wishes he knew how much marketing is needed, how much prework, strategy, press, magazines, publications. It’s a lot of hustle hustle hustle.
- Aiman’s toyline: Fungisaurs
- 3D learning resources
- Zbrush central – sculpting tutorials
- Mold3dAcademy – Courses for 3d printing
- Jurassic Park – Aiman’s all-time favorite movie and inspiration for his career
Special thanks to Aiman for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Aiman Akhtar, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Hi, I am Iva (rhymes with “viva”). I am a full-time self-taught artist behind Art Side of Life® and a Top Teacher on Skillshare. I have 15 years of experience in the creative field as a concept designer, illustrator, art director, and now freelance artist, content creator, and art instructor. My goal is to help you get your creative groove on with Procreate and make awesome art through practical classes, tutorials, Procreate brushes, and guides on art tools, supplies and resources. About me »
More Podcast Episodes:
Ep.210: Interview with community members – Donovan, Visi and Keshna (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway - Donovan (fantasy artist, Texas), Visi (Illustrator, Colorado) and Keshna (Illustrator, New Jersey).
Ep.209: Interview with community members – Alex and Petar (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Alex (graphic designer from Poland) and Petar (3D artist from North Macedonia).