Angela was born, raised, and is still living in the Bay Area of California. She studied and worked in the graphic design field for 10 years, but on the side, she has been always fascinated by fantasy worlds and fairies.
She has a background in professional fairy and princess parties and that brought her to designing her own costumes and eventually, wings that she sells to the public.
She started selling iridescent fairy wings when there were none yet on the market because she wanted wings that looked like they could have been plucked from a real fairy.
Angela has been making and selling fairy wings for over 10 years, and as a sole proprietor for 7 of them.Her wings have been used in Victoria Secret fashion shows, on Katy Perry in Every Day is a Holiday, Music video and in multiple fine art photography projects.
Get in touch with Angela
“If you can dream it, you can do it … but be practical and copyright your work!”
- Angela studied and worked in graphic design for 10 years, but on the side, she worked on children’s parties, dressing up like Disney characters and princesses
- She started her own company out of necessity to create her own costumes. Angela is a huge perfectionist and she created many details for her fairy characters. She put her creations on eBay and the went right away. That was a proof that this concept works!
- Worst advice Angela received was that you can’t copyright the fairy wing designs which is not true. Clothing is considered practical, functional and noncopyrightable item but wings are not
- Having her creations in a Victoria Secret fashion show was a pinnacle of her career. It kind of happened. They found her wings on Google and called her up. Since then, Katy Perry wore her wings in one of her music videos.
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Angela’s inspirational movies
- Craft Store – Michaels
- Victoria’s Secret – clothing brand that used Angela’s wings during the fashion show
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Angela for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Angela Jarman, used with permission