Angela was born, raised, and is still living in the Bay Area of California. She studied and worked in the graphic design field for 10 years, but on the side, she has been always fascinated by fantasy worlds and fairies.
She has a background in professional fairy and princess parties and that brought her to designing her own costumes and eventually, wings that she sells to the public.
She started selling iridescent fairy wings when there were none yet on the market because she wanted wings that looked like they could have been plucked from a real fairy.
Angela has been making and selling fairy wings for over 10 years, and as a sole proprietor for 7 of them.Her wings have been used in Victoria Secret fashion shows, on Katy Perry in Every Day is a Holiday, Music video and in multiple fine art photography projects.
Get in touch with Angela
“If you can dream it, you can do it … but be practical and copyright your work!”
- Angela studied and worked in graphic design for 10 years, but on the side, she worked on children’s parties, dressing up like Disney characters and princesses
- She started her own company out of necessity to create her own costumes. Angela is a huge perfectionist and she created many details for her fairy characters. She put her creations on eBay and the went right away. That was a proof that this concept works!
- Worst advice Angela received was that you can’t copyright the fairy wing designs which is not true. Clothing is considered practical, functional and noncopyrightable item but wings are not
- Having her creations in a Victoria Secret fashion show was a pinnacle of her career. It kind of happened. They found her wings on Google and called her up. Since then, Katy Perry wore her wings in one of her music videos.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Angela’s inspirational movies
- Craft Store – Michaels
- Victoria’s Secret – clothing brand that used Angela’s wings during the fashion show
Special thanks to Angela for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Angela Jarman, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.170: The Filmmaking artist with Kesh
Kesh, a freelance illustrator and filmmaker from India, most known for his popular YouTube channel where he shares art tips and tricks
Ep.105: On importance of staying open to opportunities with Tyson Murphy
Tyson is a principal Artist at Riot Games. He used to be a Lead Character Artist on World of Warcraft at Blizzard Entertainment!
Ep.119: Make mistakes to learn with Zacharias Reinhardt
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Zacharias Reinhardt, a 3D artist and Blender trainer from Germany. He shares his knowledge in 200+ tutorials on YouTube. His 3D work has been featured in 3D Artist, Artstation, and BlenderNation.
Ep.188: Andrew Price (Blender Guru) on work life balance as an artist
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Andrew Price, better known as Blender Guru about important topic of work life balance as an artist. It’s another year after interview!
Ep.123: How to improve your skills fast with Brett Bean from Drawn To It Studios
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Brett Bean, a Character Designer, Visdev Artist, and teacher. He is the owner of Drawn To It Studios, creating original content and outsourcing for clients like Disney, Dreamworks, Riot Games, and Marvel.