Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Eeva Nikunen, fantasy artist from Finland, author, and illustrator of Stargazers & Enchanted Valley, who specializes in narrative style fine art and illustration. Her mediums are oils and graphite pencils.
Get in touch with Eeva
“Just look inside yourself when finding the true inspiration and don’t worry what the other people think. It’s about ‘what’ your painting is, instead of ‘how’ it is!”
- Eeva is currently embarked on a lifelong journey of mastering the oil paints medium. She knows it’s a never-ending learning process and enjoys it very much
- Eeva says about networking, that it’s bit scary, but if you think about it at the conventions there are people with the same interest so striking a conversation is fairly easy
- Eeva wishes she knew how much work it would be to have her own business and it’s always better to be able to talk to likeminded people – other artists and business owners
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Podcast: 1 fantastic week, and their Fantastic workshop
Special thanks to Eeva for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Eeva Nikunen, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
This episode is sponsored by
- ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
Ep.37: Why going to art school might not be the best for you with Chantal Horeis
Chantal is an Illustrator and concept artist from Germany. She attended the Art Academy in Düsseldorf, where she trained to draw and paint traditionally.
Ep.17: On why is somebody going to hire me with Marco Bucci
Marco is a painter and illustrator and his experience includes books, film, animation, and advertising. He has worked for Walt Disney, LucasArts and others.
Ep.124: How to get paid for doing what you love with Nathanna Erica
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nathanna Erica, an illustrator and paper artist based in São Paulo, Brazil. Her work focuses mainly on Illustration, storytelling, visual development, and character design.
Ep.3: How to succeed at big animation studio with Eliza Ivanova from Pixar
Eliza Ivanova, originally from Sofia, Bulgaria is an animator and illustrator based in San Francisco and currently working with Pixar Animation Studios.
Ep.31: Fantasy worlds building with Sean Andrew Murray (City of Gateway)
Sean is a freelance illustrator, concept artist, author, and teacher living in Florida. He is the creator of City of Gateway.