Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Eeva Nikunen, fantasy artist from Finland, author, and illustrator of Stargazers & Enchanted Valley, who specializes in narrative style fine art and illustration. Her mediums are oils and graphite pencils.
Get in touch with Eeva
“Just look inside yourself when finding the true inspiration and don’t worry what the other people think. It’s about ‘what’ your painting is, instead of ‘how’ it is!”
- Eeva is currently embarked on a lifelong journey of mastering the oil paints medium. She knows it’s a never-ending learning process and enjoys it very much
- Eeva says about networking, that it’s bit scary, but if you think about it at the conventions there are people with the same interest so striking a conversation is fairly easy
- Eeva wishes she knew how much work it would be to have her own business and it’s always better to be able to talk to likeminded people – other artists and business owners
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Podcast: 1 fantastic week, and their Fantastic workshop
Special thanks to Eeva for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Eeva Nikunen, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
This episode is sponsored by
- ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
Ep.170: The Filmmaking artist with Kesh
Kesh, a freelance illustrator and filmmaker from India, most known for his popular YouTube channel where he shares art tips and tricks
Ep.130: Learn something new everyday with Francis Boncales
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Francis Boncales, a Concept Artist, Illustrator, Visdev artist currently working as a background painter in Warner Bros Animation. He has also worked for Hasbro Studios, Mrs. Wordsmith, Duncan Studio.
Ep.107: Follow your dreams with Prem Sai GS
Prem is a Character Designer currently residing in San Francisco, CA. He previously worked as a design intern at DreamWorks Feature Animation, Glendale.
Ep.198: Create Art That Sells with Cat Coquillette (Cat Coq)
Cat Coq, a location-independent artist, and designer selling on society6 and teaching on Skillshare. Her designs appear on products in Target & Urban Outfitters.
Ep.59: Kiki Eiseman (Gweakles) on overcoming obstacles to become a full time artist
Kiersten or Kiki, a Florida native, is a full-time visual designer and illustrator with a focus on pop culture illustration.