Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Eeva Nikunen, fantasy artist from Finland, author, and illustrator of Stargazers & Enchanted Valley, who specializes in narrative style fine art and illustration. Her mediums are oils and graphite pencils.
Get in touch with Eeva
“Just look inside yourself when finding the true inspiration and don’t worry what the other people think. It’s about ‘what’ your painting is, instead of ‘how’ it is!”
- Eeva is currently embarked on a lifelong journey of mastering the oil paints medium. She knows it’s a never-ending learning process and enjoys it very much
- Eeva says about networking, that it’s bit scary, but if you think about it at the conventions there are people with the same interest so striking a conversation is fairly easy
- Eeva wishes she knew how much work it would be to have her own business and it’s always better to be able to talk to likeminded people – other artists and business owners
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Podcast: 1 fantastic week, and their Fantastic workshop
Special thanks to Eeva for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Eeva Nikunen, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
This episode is sponsored by
- ArtSnacks – a subscription box of unique, high-quality art supplies. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code artside10. Don’t wait, visit artsideoflife.com/artsnacks and use promo code artside10
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
Ep.63: Talia Zoref and her journey to working with Vogue, ELLE, Glamour, HM, Gucci and Moschino
With a great passion for fashion, Talia Zoref creates art for big brands like Vogue, ELLE, Cosmo, Glamour, HM, Gucci, MAC or Moschino.
Ep.173: How to develop your art style with Ilse Harting
Ilse Harting, a Freelancer Illustrator and Concept Artist from the Netherlands who is known for her fantasy character creations and illustrations.
Ep.162: Tips for self-taught artists with Shivam Thapliyal
In this episode, I am chatting with Shivam Thapliyal, an artist and graphic designer from India. His work is simple geometric compositions to 3d renderings.
Ep.72: Dave Malan on how to have a successful freelancing career with 4 kids
David is a professional artist of over 15 years. He's worked as a production artist, an illustrator, and a fine artist with clients from around the globe.
Ep.25: The meaning of Fake it till you make it with Audra Auclair
Audra is a Canadian artist who specializes in exploring the surreal and beautiful female form with her transcendent fusion of fine art and illustration.