Dina Brodsky is a contemporary artist with love for painting realistic miniatures, originally from Boston, now living and working in New York City. She was educated at University of Massachusetts Amherst and the New York Academy of Art, where she received her MFA. She has taught privately, and in several institutions including the Castle Hill Center for the Arts, the Long Island Academy of Fine Art and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. She is most known, among others, for her series Cycling Guide to Liliput capturing moments from her travels and Secret Life of Trees. She is also a mother of 2 step kids and 1 toddler who joined us in the 2nd half of our interview 🙂
Get in touch with Dina
- Website: http://dinabrodsky.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dinabrodsky/
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dinabrodskyprints
“Just keep going, no matter what! Just put in those 10’000 hours!”
- Dina’s mentors were her professors and she followed them like a ‘puppy’. They gave her best advice. Her next ‘mentor’ was Leonardo da Vinci and his notebooks
- Dina worked part-time as a studio assistant in NYC to earn stable paycheck and it allowed her to find herself as an artist
- Fav quote is from Star Trek – “Survival is insufficient”
- She wishes she learned to know people more. She was kind of unbearable when she was young. It’s important to be nice to people around you. It’s a virtue in itself.
- Dina’s biggest inspiration is everything that doesn’t move. When traveling, bicycling in Europe she would visit a new city every day because it meant adventure!
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Art tools
- Passion planner – self help day planner. Dina fell in love with it, because it forces her to focus
- Thermos – keeps tea and coffee warm for 12h
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Dina for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Dina Brodsky, used with permission