Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Devon Cady-Lee, a freelance Character designer and Concept Artist living in Seattle. He has worked for studios like Warner Bros Turbine, Wizard of the Coast, and latest being Motiga games Gigantic!
Get in touch with Devon
“You will always have to sacrifice part of your integrity for commercial projects, but draw for yourself, be an artist for yourself, not the other people!”
- In his first job, Devon tried really hard to prove he can work in a professional environment – he took it very seriously, went full steam ahead, stayed late, doing overtimes.
- Since then he learned to “pace” himself. He now meters how much investment to put in a project. If you love the project, you gotta invest your everything, but sometimes it may backfire and you have to pick your battles
- Devon has a weird history of working for many studios which shut down, but he got to know amazingly talented artists in high profile companies. When he needs next project, he can just hit them up and ask what’s happening.
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- The latest game Devon worked on: Gigantic
- Burne Hogarth books on anatomy
- Art tools
- Schools considered Parsons, Cooper, SBA, RISD
- Focus@Will music – scientific music for full focus
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Devon for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Devon Cady-Lee, used with permission