Get in touch with Danielle
“Keep drawing joy”
- Danielle studied a lot online and went to Imaginism workshop in Toronto, Canada for a month. It was really something that changed her mindset and brought the idea that she can do it herself and she doesn’t have to wait for somebody else to tell her.
- Best advice she ever got was “Fake it till you make it”. You can become anything you want and if you just do it
- Pinterest is her best friend. She has folders of things she would like to do, artists, references. If she is stuck, she goes to Pinterest, it feels good … our feelings dictate what is the outcome of our art so she always try to feel good.
- It’s very important to study old, traditional artists. They always had to study other stuff to get better. We now have all of it at our fingertips. We have to take advantage of the resources available … it’s not only about one way of doing things.
- Danielle is building her community by posting drawing tips – Quick Tip Monday, every Monday. It’s not a tutorial/lesson, it’s just a tip that helps her, she wished she knew before. People saw that and they told her it helps them. Then she started with the comic strips. They are funny and people are enjoying them and share it more.
- Schoolism House Experience – a month-long workshop Danielle attended that change her perspective about living from art
- Art tools
- You can meet Danielle at ComicCon XP in Brazil – December 7-10, 2017
Special thanks to Danielle for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Danielle Pioli, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Hi, I am Iva (rhymes with “viva”). I am a full-time self-taught artist behind Art Side of Life® and a Top Teacher on Skillshare. I have 15 years of experience in the creative field as a concept designer, illustrator, art director, and now freelance artist, content creator, and art instructor. My goal is to help you get your creative groove on with Procreate and make awesome art through practical classes, tutorials, Procreate brushes, and guides on art tools, supplies and resources. About me »
More Podcast Episodes:
Evolve Artist Academy: From Aspiring Artist To Success Story with Piper Talladay
Discover how Piper, head instructor at Evolve Artist Academy, helps aspiring artists turn their dreams into success stories in the world of oil painting.
Ep.210: Interview with community members – Donovan, Visi and Keshna (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway - Donovan (fantasy artist, Texas), Visi (Illustrator, Colorado) and Keshna (Illustrator, New Jersey).
Ep.209: Interview with community members – Alex and Petar (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Alex (graphic designer from Poland) and Petar (3D artist from North Macedonia).
Ep.208: Interview with community members – María and Manuel (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Manuel (concept artist from Argentina) and María (Comics artist from Mexico).
Ep.207: On being a Creative Director, Illustrator, and Educator with Greg Gunn
I am chatting with Greg Gunn. He is a creative director, illustrator, and animator from LA. He helps passionate people communicate their big ideas.
Ep.206: Beatrice “Bea” Blue on the importance of enjoying the journey
I am catching up with Beatrice Blue. We chat about what she has been up to since we talked last time - her time in Montreal, her new books and much more.
Ep.205: Art licensing tips with Bonnie Christine
Bonnie Christine, an artist and pattern & textile designer. She is most known for her flowery designs, making artworks for companies & products.
Ep.204: Illustration for Motion Design with Sarah Beth Morgan
Sarah Beth Morgan, a freelance art director, motion designer & illustrator based in Portland. She has worked with Gentleman Scholar and Oddfellows.