An artist with a keen interest in magic and joy
Danielle used to love drawing stuff since her early childhood. As she says: “… A sense of creation of a whole universe, from my mind to paper, would take over and make me fall in love with art. Many things influenced me in my artistic journey (even when I didn’t know that I would become an artist) but the most powerful influence was Disney movies.”
She decided she wanted to work with illustration/animation. While she moved towards that goal, Danielle developed a spirituality that led her to believe that feeling joy will yield you the most wonderful things. That’s what her “Drawing Joy” catchphrase is all about.
Get in touch with Danielle
- Website: daniellepioli.com
- Instagram: daniellepioliart
- YouTube: daniellepioli
- Patreon: daniellepioli
“Keep drawing joy”
- Danielle studied a lot online and went to Imaginism workshop in Toronto, Canada for a month. It was really something that changed her mindset and brought the idea that she can do it herself and she doesn’t have to wait for somebody else to tell her.
- Best advice she ever got was “Fake it till you make it”. You can become anything you want and if you just do it
- Pinterest is her best friend. She has folders of things she would like to do, artists, references. If she is stuck, she goes to Pinterest, it feels good … our feelings dictate what is the outcome of our art so she always try to feel good.
- It’s very important to study old, traditional artists. They always had to study other stuff to get better. We now have all of it at our fingertips. We have to take advantage of the resources available … it’s not only about one way of doing things.
- Danielle is building her community by posting drawing tips – Quick Tip Monday, every Monday. It’s not a tutorial/lesson, it’s just a tip that helps her, she wished she knew before. People saw that and they told her it helps them. Then she started with the comic strips. They are funny and people are enjoying them and share it more.
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Schoolism House Experience – a month-long workshop Danielle attended that change her perspective about living from art
- Art tools
- You can meet Danielle at ComicCon XP in Brazil – December 7-10, 2017
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Danielle for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Danielle Pioli, used with permission