Get in touch with Danielle
“Keep drawing joy”
- Danielle studied a lot online and went to Imaginism workshop in Toronto, Canada for a month. It was really something that changed her mindset and brought the idea that she can do it herself and she doesn’t have to wait for somebody else to tell her.
- Best advice she ever got was “Fake it till you make it”. You can become anything you want and if you just do it
- Pinterest is her best friend. She has folders of things she would like to do, artists, references. If she is stuck, she goes to Pinterest, it feels good … our feelings dictate what is the outcome of our art so she always try to feel good.
- It’s very important to study old, traditional artists. They always had to study other stuff to get better. We now have all of it at our fingertips. We have to take advantage of the resources available … it’s not only about one way of doing things.
- Danielle is building her community by posting drawing tips – Quick Tip Monday, every Monday. It’s not a tutorial/lesson, it’s just a tip that helps her, she wished she knew before. People saw that and they told her it helps them. Then she started with the comic strips. They are funny and people are enjoying them and share it more.
- Schoolism House Experience – a month-long workshop Danielle attended that change her perspective about living from art
- Art tools
- You can meet Danielle at ComicCon XP in Brazil – December 7-10, 2017
Special thanks to Danielle for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Danielle Pioli, used with permission