Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Daniel Lieske, a full-time author, and illustrator, known for his famous digital graphic novel Wormworld saga. He is also the founder of digitalartforum.de one of the biggest German digital art community.
Get in touch with Daniel
- Website: http://www.daniellieske.com/
- Wormworld Saga Digital Collectibles: https://rarible.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daniellieskeartist/
“Hard thing is to start with something. if you manage to start and keep the pace, you will end up in situation where you will be astonished by the results you achieved!”
- Daniel wanted to attend a graphic design university, but his portfolio got rejected, so he worked on his portfolio and sent it around. This got him an internship at a video gaming company that lead to a full-time job and he abandoned plans to go to school at all. He learned by doing
- Daniel’s inspiration for the Wormworld saga is coming from his own life. He had nice hideout in attic of his parents and the houses are inspired by his brother’s house, landscape around it and configuration of the village
- Daniel has funded the production of each chapter of the Wormworld saga in different ways and from multiple sources. It’s a necessity.
- Daniel actually thought that the iPad app will be the central business plan for Wormworld saga, but constant updates of iOS system meant increasing maintenance costs and he had to close it down
- The Wormworld Saga – all volumes
- Biggest inspiration: Katsuhiro Otomo – Akira
- German festivals in 2018
Special thanks to Daniel for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Daniel Lieske, used with permission