Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Marc Brunet, a Character, Concept and 3D artist and founder of Cube Brush, a platform for tutorials, tools, game & design assets. Before Cube Brush, Marc has worked for 7 years with Blizzard Entertainment.
Get in touch with Marc
- Website: https://cubebrush.co/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cubebrush/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKtu_JtQCY0yryIy6zK4ZCg
Special offers for Art Side of Life visitors
- 💎How to Make Money as an Artist (Course) – learn to make money as an artist and live a creative career you will love
- 🎓Evolve Artist Program – better than an art college education and only at a fraction of the cost – World’s Simplest Art Training Method (I am Evolve’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
- 🎨 Storytelling with Color and Light (Course) – make your artworks more believable and appealing
- 🎧 Audible – 2 FREE audiobooks – learn by listening to hundreds of books (I am Audible’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
“If you really enjoy art, don’t look at the timeline, don’t get impatient, just enjoy the process and you will get somewhere!”
- Marc grew up with the common misconception of artists being ‘losers’. His parents worried about him, but when they saw that he is actually doing money by coloring comics and more money than working in a coffee shop, they understood.
- Marc wishes he got better career direction and counseling on options when he was deciding to be better able to set his goals
- Marc says that many artists don’t like working on commercial projects, but if you want to entertain people, you have to know this. Have a bunch of interesting studios you would like to work with and work on art that can be used by them so when it comes down to hiring you, they have an easier job to choose you!
- When Marc was part of hiring process at Blizzard, the first condition was obviously art, but second, equally important was personality. You need to be an amazing artist and likable/fittable person to work at Blizzard.
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Blizzard Entertainment Overwatch
- Video games – Warcraft, Diablo – early blizzard games
- Art tools – Wacom Cintiq and Adobe Photoshop
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Marc for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Marc Brunet, used with permission