Get in touch with Fleur de Marie
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coffeshere/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Coffeshere
- DeviantArt: http://citlalli.deviantart.com/
“Make good work that lasts!”
- When Fleur tries to explain what she does, she says she is a Graphic Designer. In Mexico, when Fleur says she is an animator, the people think she is an entertainer (clown), because of ‘animation’ in Spanish means ‘entertainment’.
- Her worst/best advice at school was to stop drawing anime and manga style. It actually helped her, because it made her explore more styles and expand her visual knowledge
- Fleur’s printing style is special. She prints on watercolor-like paper with a great texture that makes her print look like originals. Then she adds golden pieces so they look more special
- Fleur wishes there was a pricing ‘bluebook’ for artists!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Fleur’s fav manga artist – Yuki Sadamoto (Evangelion) – fan of him – she followed his life
- Fav cartoons – Sailor Moon and anime
- She works in art department of animation studio called Mister Machin
- Documentary – BBC – Why Beauty matters – spiritual value of beauty
Special thanks to Fleur de Marie for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Fleur de Marie, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.194: What’s new with Ahmed Aldoori
In this episode we are chatting with Ahmed about what is new in his life since we talked two years ago! Enjoy!!
Ep.72: Dave Malan on how to have a successful freelancing career with 4 kids
David is a professional artist of over 15 years. He's worked as a production artist, an illustrator, and a fine artist with clients from around the globe.
Ep.5: About Manga art and hard work with Asia Ladowska
Asia Ladowska is a designer & illustrator based in the UK. She creates amazing characters inspired by Manga and created by either pencils or Copic markers
Ep.80: Stephen Silver on the power of your journey
Stephen has designed characters for Disney Television Animation, Sony Feature Animation and Nickelodeon Animation, designing the style of the shows such as "Kim Possible", "Danny Phantom" Kevin Smith's "Clerks" the animated series, and many more.
Ep.30: Being a mom and full time artist with Simone Grünewald (Schmoedraws)
Simone Gruenewald is a digital and traditional artist from Germany. She loves to tell stories with her sketches in fantasy settings or inspired by her life.