Get in touch with Fleur de Marie
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coffeshere/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Coffeshere
- DeviantArt: http://citlalli.deviantart.com/
“Make good work that lasts!”
- When Fleur tries to explain what she does, she says she is a Graphic Designer. In Mexico, when Fleur says she is an animator, the people think she is an entertainer (clown), because of ‘animation’ in Spanish means ‘entertainment’.
- Her worst/best advice at school was to stop drawing anime and manga style. It actually helped her, because it made her explore more styles and expand her visual knowledge
- Fleur’s printing style is special. She prints on watercolor-like paper with a great texture that makes her print look like originals. Then she adds golden pieces so they look more special
- Fleur wishes there was a pricing ‘bluebook’ for artists!
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Fleur’s fav manga artist – Yuki Sadamoto (Evangelion) – fan of him – she followed his life
- Fav cartoons – Sailor Moon and anime
- She works in art department of animation studio called Mister Machin
- Documentary – BBC – Why Beauty matters – spiritual value of beauty
Special thanks to Fleur de Marie for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Fleur de Marie, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.58: Carlos Ortega Elizalde about learning 3D art by himself and his artistic journey
Carlos is a self taught 3D artist and graphic designer from Mexico. He is most known for his stunning character designs, perfectly rendered in 3D.
Ep.187: Art Processes and Techniques – Interview Highlights
Hey, guys! This episode is about highlights from the previous Art Side of Life interviews. Ester Conceicao a.k.a Tehchan, Matt Urbanowicz, Victoria Ying and Armand Baltazar share tips and advice about their art process.
Ep.56: Geneva Benton on colors inspiration, galleries and living from art full time
Geneva is a self-taught freelancing illustrator, who specializes in character art and portraits with a fondness for color mixing.
Ep.50: Drawing Disney fanart and finding your own style with Dylan Bonner
Dylan is an amazing illustrator and freelance artist from Michigan. He is most known for his lovely mermaids, Disney fanart, and comics.
Ep.52: Rosalind Davis on being an artist, curator and catalyst
Rosalind Davis is an artist-curator and a graduate of The Royal College of Art (2005) and Chelsea College of Art (2003).