Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Chris Ayers, a Character Designer, and Story Artist from LA. He has worked with Dreamworks, Sony Pictures, Disney TV and others. He is known for his book series Daily Zoo, drawing one animal a day.
Get in touch with Chris
- Website: http://www.chrisayersdesign.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chris-Ayers-The-Daily-Zoo-34718362718/
“Don’t take things too seriously, have fun, don’t be afraid not to have things turn out the way you hoped for. Every successful person has had failures. It’s part of the creative process!”
- Chris has a very good point about practice – when you enjoy doing something you want to do it more often, the more often you do it, the better you become, the better you become, the more you are able to realize your ideas in your head and the more you are satisfied
- After surviving cancer, Chris started the daily drawings of animals in different situations, which has been publishing in the series called Daily Zoo. Drawing and using imagination became a source of comfort during recovery and helped his healing process. It was a distraction, reduced stress and gave better position for his body to heal
- Chris lives one day at a time because life can be unpredictable and he just wants to be able to draw and pursuit interesting projects
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through some links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info: our disclosure.
Special thanks to Chris for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Chris Ayers, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.88: Making your art prints special with Fleur de Marie (Coffeshere)
Fleur Marie is an illustrator, character designer and concept artist from Guadalajara, Mexico. She studied Graphic Design and Animation and currently works in Art Department of the local animation studio called Mister Machin where she creates character design and background art.
Ep.15: Going freelance full time with Gabriel Picolo
Gabriel is a freelance illustrator and comic artist. He grew an immense following during his online 365-day creative challenge, posting new art piece daily.
Ep.110: Johanna Tarkela on motivation in the moments of self-doubt
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Johanna Tarkela, a self-taught artist from Finland, now residing in the UK. With a big love for the natural world and fantasy creatures, she works in digital media and creates believable atmospheric work.
Ep.84: Making your dreams come true with Angela Jarman from Fancy Fairy
Angela has been making and selling fairy wings for over 10 years, and as a sole proprietor for 7 of them.Her wings have been used in Victoria Secret fashion shows, on Katy Perry in Every Day is a Holiday, Music video and in multiple fine art photography projects.
Ep.20: Don’t think about other artists as competition with Ashleigh Izienicki (missupacey)
Ashleigh is a freelance illustrator from Colorado. Her current dream is to be able to make money doing something she loves, creating art!