Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Chris Ayers, a Character Designer, and Story Artist from LA. He has worked with Dreamworks, Sony Pictures, Disney TV and others. He is known for his book series Daily Zoo, drawing one animal a day.
Get in touch with Chris
- Website: http://www.chrisayersdesign.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chris-Ayers-The-Daily-Zoo-34718362718/
“Don’t take things too seriously, have fun, don’t be afraid not to have things turn out the way you hoped for. Every successful person has had failures. It’s part of the creative process!”
- Chris has a very good point about practice – when you enjoy doing something you want to do it more often, the more often you do it, the better you become, the better you become, the more you are able to realize your ideas in your head and the more you are satisfied
- After surviving cancer, Chris started the daily drawings of animals in different situations, which has been publishing in the series called Daily Zoo. Drawing and using imagination became a source of comfort during recovery and helped his healing process. It was a distraction, reduced stress and gave better position for his body to heal
- Chris lives one day at a time because life can be unpredictable and he just wants to be able to draw and pursuit interesting projects
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
Special thanks to Chris for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Chris Ayers, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.50: Drawing Disney fanart and finding your own style with Dylan Bonner
Dylan is an amazing illustrator and freelance artist from Michigan. He is most known for his lovely mermaids, Disney fanart, and comics.
Ep.122: How to start an art business, with Stephanie Krist (Fired Figments)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Stephanie Krist, the owner of Fired Figments, a handcrafted ceramics. She studied Studio Art and business administration. Stephanie sells her fantasy dragon creations online and on art shows.
Ep.180: How to negotiate your prices properly with Ruby Lee
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ruby Lee, a character designer from NZ with experience in film and TV. She worked as Lead Designer, Art Director for Nickelodeon and 7Towns and as Costume Designer on Hobbit, Elysium, Ghost in the Shell.
Ep.109: There will always be someone who loves your art with Lemia Crescent
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Lemia Crescent, a self-taught artist and video games appreciator. She has a very popular YouTube and Twitch channel where she shares a video game, movie and anime speedpaints, art supply reviews, and tutorials.
Ep.115: Bryan Mark Taylor on being a plein air artist
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Bryan Mark Taylor, a painter, lecturer, inventor and world traveler! He is most known for his plein air paintings and his work has been featured in Fine Art Connoisseur, Plein Air, and other publications.