Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Chris Ayers, a Character Designer, and Story Artist from LA. He has worked with Dreamworks, Sony Pictures, Disney TV and others. He is known for his book series Daily Zoo, drawing one animal a day.
Get in touch with Chris
- Website: http://www.chrisayersdesign.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chris-Ayers-The-Daily-Zoo-34718362718/
“Don’t take things too seriously, have fun, don’t be afraid not to have things turn out the way you hoped for. Every successful person has had failures. It’s part of the creative process!”
- Chris has a very good point about practice – when you enjoy doing something you want to do it more often, the more often you do it, the better you become, the better you become, the more you are able to realize your ideas in your head and the more you are satisfied
- After surviving cancer, Chris started the daily drawings of animals in different situations, which has been publishing in the series called Daily Zoo. Drawing and using imagination became a source of comfort during recovery and helped his healing process. It was a distraction, reduced stress and gave better position for his body to heal
- Chris lives one day at a time because life can be unpredictable and he just wants to be able to draw and pursuit interesting projects
Special thanks to Chris for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Chris Ayers, used with permission