Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Chris Ayers, a Character Designer, and Story Artist from LA. He has worked with Dreamworks, Sony Pictures, Disney TV and others. He is known for his book series Daily Zoo, drawing one animal a day.
Get in touch with Chris
- Website: http://www.chrisayersdesign.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chris-Ayers-The-Daily-Zoo-34718362718/
“Don’t take things too seriously, have fun, don’t be afraid not to have things turn out the way you hoped for. Every successful person has had failures. It’s part of the creative process!”
- Chris has a very good point about practice – when you enjoy doing something you want to do it more often, the more often you do it, the better you become, the better you become, the more you are able to realize your ideas in your head and the more you are satisfied
- After surviving cancer, Chris started the daily drawings of animals in different situations, which has been publishing in the series called Daily Zoo. Drawing and using imagination became a source of comfort during recovery and helped his healing process. It was a distraction, reduced stress and gave better position for his body to heal
- Chris lives one day at a time because life can be unpredictable and he just wants to be able to draw and pursuit interesting projects
Special thanks to Chris for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Chris Ayers, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Hi, I am Iva (rhymes with “viva”). I am a full-time self-taught artist behind Art Side of Life® and a Top Teacher on Skillshare. I have 15 years of experience in the creative field as a concept designer, illustrator, art director, and now freelance artist, content creator, and art instructor. My goal is to help you get your creative groove on with Procreate and make awesome art through practical classes, tutorials, Procreate brushes, and guides on art tools, supplies and resources. About me »
More Podcast Episodes:
Evolve Artist Academy: From Aspiring Artist To Success Story with Piper Talladay
Discover how Piper, head instructor at Evolve Artist Academy, helps aspiring artists turn their dreams into success stories in the world of oil painting.
Ep.210: Interview with community members – Donovan, Visi and Keshna (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway - Donovan (fantasy artist, Texas), Visi (Illustrator, Colorado) and Keshna (Illustrator, New Jersey).
Ep.209: Interview with community members – Alex and Petar (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Alex (graphic designer from Poland) and Petar (3D artist from North Macedonia).
Ep.208: Interview with community members – María and Manuel (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Manuel (concept artist from Argentina) and María (Comics artist from Mexico).
Ep.207: On being a Creative Director, Illustrator, and Educator with Greg Gunn
I am chatting with Greg Gunn. He is a creative director, illustrator, and animator from LA. He helps passionate people communicate their big ideas.
Ep.206: Beatrice “Bea” Blue on the importance of enjoying the journey
I am catching up with Beatrice Blue. We chat about what she has been up to since we talked last time - her time in Montreal, her new books and much more.
Ep.205: Art licensing tips with Bonnie Christine
Bonnie Christine, an artist and pattern & textile designer. She is most known for her flowery designs, making artworks for companies & products.
Ep.204: Illustration for Motion Design with Sarah Beth Morgan
Sarah Beth Morgan, a freelance art director, motion designer & illustrator based in Portland. She has worked with Gentleman Scholar and Oddfellows.