Chloe is a British artist, illustrator and graphic designer known for her animals embroidered with very fine details, so real that they seem to be sleeping on the canvas.
I began to sew in the last year of my illustration degree at the University of the West of England, and since graduating in 2011 I have continued to experiment with freehand embroidery, using sewing thread and hand dyed fabrics to make my work.
Her clients include Penguin, Vintage Books, Bloomsbury, Liberty, the BFI, and a range of private clients.
Get in touch with Chloe
- Website: http://www.chloegiordano.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chloegiordano_embroidery/
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/chloegiordano
“Just be willing to do the work and do what you love and be happy”
- Until 16 Chloe didn’t know she would be an artist because she didn’t know this could be a viable job. She didn’t know anyone who was an artist or making living as an artist. However, at 17, she realized it’s like any other skill. The more you do it, the better you get
- Chloe decided to be an illustrator as a career with all the sacrifices it brings. You have to be self-motivated, because it’s lot of work and less social life
- With embroidery, it helped that she has painting and drawing experience. She studied a lot from old masters and their realistic style
- With her vision/brand, Chloe always aims for certain level of realism, whims, and detail
- Chloe always pushes herself to get to next and next level. It’s all about refining her work and getting better every time
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Embroidery tools
- Chloe’s John Lewis (department store) shopping list:
- The artist Chloe mentioned is Lauri Faggioni
- Fav books are by W. B. Yeats, his poetry and also some of his longer writings like The Celtic Twilight
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Chloe for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Chloe Giordano, used with permission