Chloe is a British artist, illustrator and graphic designer known for her animals embroidered with very fine details, so real that they seem to be sleeping on the canvas.
I began to sew in the last year of my illustration degree at the University of the West of England, and since graduating in 2011 I have continued to experiment with freehand embroidery, using sewing thread and hand dyed fabrics to make my work.
Her clients include Penguin, Vintage Books, Bloomsbury, Liberty, the BFI, and a range of private clients.
Get in touch with Chloe
- Website: http://www.chloegiordano.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chloegiordano_embroidery/
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/chloegiordano
“Just be willing to do the work and do what you love and be happy”
- Until 16 Chloe didn’t know she would be an artist because she didn’t know this could be a viable job. She didn’t know anyone who was an artist or making living as an artist. However, at 17, she realized it’s like any other skill. The more you do it, the better you get
- Chloe decided to be an illustrator as a career with all the sacrifices it brings. You have to be self-motivated, because it’s lot of work and less social life
- With embroidery, it helped that she has painting and drawing experience. She studied a lot from old masters and their realistic style
- With her vision/brand, Chloe always aims for certain level of realism, whims, and detail
- Chloe always pushes herself to get to next and next level. It’s all about refining her work and getting better every time
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Embroidery tools
- Chloe’s John Lewis (department store) shopping list:
- The artist Chloe mentioned is Lauri Faggioni
- Fav books are by W. B. Yeats, his poetry and also some of his longer writings like The Celtic Twilight
Special thanks to Chloe for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Chloe Giordano, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.163: Ester Conceicao aka Tehchan on how to do stylized drawing
In this episode, I am chatting with Ester Conceicao aka Tehchan, a concept artist, and illustrator. She is most known for her illustrations of animals.
Ep.160: Think before you start drawing with Modern Day James
Modern Day James, an artist, designer, and musician known for his popular YouTube channel and Patreon.
Ep.129: Why you should welcome feedback for your art with Pernille Ørum
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Pernille Ørum, a freelance illustrator and character designer from Denmark. Her clients include Disney, Warner Bros, Mattel, and Nickelodeon. She was the lead character designer on DC Superhero Girls.
Ep.63: Talia Zoref and her journey to working with Vogue, ELLE, Glamour, HM, Gucci and Moschino
With a great passion for fashion, Talia Zoref creates art for big brands like Vogue, ELLE, Cosmo, Glamour, HM, Gucci, MAC or Moschino.
Ep.189: Favorite Art Supplies – Interview Highlights
Hey, guys! This episode is about highlights from the previous Art Side of Life interviews. Alisa Vysochina, Tomasz Mro, Chantal Horeis, Marco Bucci, Djamila Knopf, and Carrosurreal share their favorite art supplies and art tools.