Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Carolina Parada, an illustrator, biologist, and researcher originally from Colombia, now living and working in France. She is most known for her stories that she writes and draws by herself!
Get in touch with Carolina
“When you do things that make you happy, they will make people around you happy!”
- To build her following, in the beginning, Carolina used to practice every day and she would post every day, the best work she could do. Combining talent with discipline will help you achieve anything. Now, she is telling stories, she calls them microstories witch each artwork
- She is inspired by the South American mythology and stories she used to listen to as a kid (she is from Colombia)
- Carolina says that the technique is not very important, more important are ideas and stories. If you keep practicing and discipline you will develop your style and technique
- Carolina’s book – Girl and Fish, a Joyful story of Tears
- Fav tools
- Books on South American mythology (in Spanish only )
- The book on Japanese mythology: The Book of Yokai
Special thanks to Carolina for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Carolina Parada, used with permission