Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Camille Raveau, a French writer, and illustrator from France. She is most known for her illustrated book series Will & Isabelle, Le Petit Machine – in French ‘a little machine’.
Get in touch with Camille
“Drawing is like riding a bike, it’s not a problem to fall down because you can always stand up, so just practice, never give up and ride it everywhere :)”
- When Camille was looking for a job, she had a chance to have her portfolio reviewed by people from Disney Animation and she got some great tips about telling a story with the characters and their interactions, exploring their world, showing their different emotions and emphasizing them with color & light in the background and also the props
- Camille works a lot, she writes stories at night, observes life and people and practices during the day. She doesn’t sleep much, but she advises to keep free time as well, not to burn out.
- When Camille was looking for a publisher of her book who would help her to translate it in English, she got few of them interested while exhibiting at CTN Expo
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through some links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info: our disclosure.
- Camille’s book – La Petite Machine
- Her childhood inspiration – The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Inspiring artists
- Mix literature inspiration
Special thanks to Camille for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Camille Raveau, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.3: How to succeed at big animation studio with Eliza Ivanova from Pixar
Eliza Ivanova, originally from Sofia, Bulgaria is an animator and illustrator based in San Francisco and currently working with Pixar Animation Studios.
Ep.108: Why it’s important to market your art with Alba Bordes from Made of Sundays
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Alba Bordes, the co-founder of Made of Sundays studio in Finland. Together with her husband and her sister they started producing cute stickers and creative wall decoration for both homes and offices.
Ep.27: Art is craft and science with Proko
Stan is an artist, teacher, and owner of Proko.com, a resource for artists to get good art instruction videos.
Ep.155: Valerie Bastille on how to overcome the art block
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Valerie Bastille, a freelance illustrator in Montreal. Her work, both digital and traditional, is influenced by nature, including floral elements, bringing the sense of motion to her illustrations.
Ep.36: Family life and art career with Nerea Mas
Nerea, also known as Ne is a Spanish illustrator, character designer and concept artist from one of my most favorite cities in the world, Barcelona.