Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Camille Raveau, a French writer, and illustrator from France. She is most known for her illustrated book series Will & Isabelle, Le Petit Machine – in French ‘a little machine’.
Get in touch with Camille
“Drawing is like riding a bike, it’s not a problem to fall down because you can always stand up, so just practice, never give up and ride it everywhere :)”
- When Camille was looking for a job, she had a chance to have her portfolio reviewed by people from Disney Animation and she got some great tips about telling a story with the characters and their interactions, exploring their world, showing their different emotions and emphasizing them with color & light in the background and also the props
- Camille works a lot, she writes stories at night, observes life and people and practices during the day. She doesn’t sleep much, but she advises to keep free time as well, not to burn out.
- When Camille was looking for a publisher of her book who would help her to translate it in English, she got few of them interested while exhibiting at CTN Expo
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Camille’s book – La Petite Machine
- Her childhood inspiration – The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Inspiring artists
- Mix literature inspiration
Special thanks to Camille for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Camille Raveau, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.83: Old masters and the simplicity with Chris Solarski
Chris is a game designer and author who specializes in the relationships between video game aesthetics and user experience.
Ep.195: How to implement art in business with Holly Fae
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Holly Fae an artist and entrepreneur with a wealthy knowledge of how to make a living with your art. Enjoy!!
Ep.23: How to succeed in the world of children’s books with Gene Barretta
Gene is a highly accomplished and awarded children's book author and illustrator, animator and character designer.
Ep.141: Don’t fear rejection and always get up with Nikolas Draper-Ivey
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nikolas Draper-Ivey, an illustrator, and writer in NY. His work includes Star Wars and Disney Characters re-imagined as Marvel Characters. He has recently worked on the cover for Marvel’s Black Panther album!
Ep.112: Ashley Spires on how to choose your art agent
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ashley Spires, a children books Author and illustrator. She has published more than 20 books and worked with clients like Penguin Random House and Kids Can Press. She is the creator of the Binky The Space Cat.