Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Camille Raveau, a French writer, and illustrator from France. She is most known for her illustrated book series Will & Isabelle, Le Petit Machine – in French ‘a little machine’.
Get in touch with Camille
“Drawing is like riding a bike, it’s not a problem to fall down because you can always stand up, so just practice, never give up and ride it everywhere :)”
- When Camille was looking for a job, she had a chance to have her portfolio reviewed by people from Disney Animation and she got some great tips about telling a story with the characters and their interactions, exploring their world, showing their different emotions and emphasizing them with color & light in the background and also the props
- Camille works a lot, she writes stories at night, observes life and people and practices during the day. She doesn’t sleep much, but she advises to keep free time as well, not to burn out.
- When Camille was looking for a publisher of her book who would help her to translate it in English, she got few of them interested while exhibiting at CTN Expo
- Camille’s book – La Petite Machine
- Her childhood inspiration – The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Inspiring artists
- Mix literature inspiration
Special thanks to Camille for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Camille Raveau, used with permission