Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Camille Raveau, a French writer, and illustrator from France. She is most known for her illustrated book series Will & Isabelle, Le Petit Machine – in French ‘a little machine’.
Get in touch with Camille
“Drawing is like riding a bike, it’s not a problem to fall down because you can always stand up, so just practice, never give up and ride it everywhere :)”
- When Camille was looking for a job, she had a chance to have her portfolio reviewed by people from Disney Animation and she got some great tips about telling a story with the characters and their interactions, exploring their world, showing their different emotions and emphasizing them with color & light in the background and also the props
- Camille works a lot, she writes stories at night, observes life and people and practices during the day. She doesn’t sleep much, but she advises to keep free time as well, not to burn out.
- When Camille was looking for a publisher of her book who would help her to translate it in English, she got few of them interested while exhibiting at CTN Expo
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Camille’s book – La Petite Machine
- Her childhood inspiration – The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Inspiring artists
- Mix literature inspiration
Special thanks to Camille for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Camille Raveau, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.17: On why is somebody going to hire me with Marco Bucci
Marco is a painter and illustrator and his experience includes books, film, animation, and advertising. He has worked for Walt Disney, LucasArts and others.
Ep.61: Jessica Laurent on finding yourself as an artist
Jess is a director, storyboarder, editor, character designer, animator who is passionate about teaming up with talented artists to create great projects.
Ep.170: The Filmmaking artist with Kesh
Kesh, a freelance illustrator and filmmaker from India, most known for his popular YouTube channel where he shares art tips and tricks
Ep.135: Zac Retz on waking up at 4am and following your dreams
Zac Retz, a visdev artist working in film and game industry with SONY Pictures Animation, Dreamworks, Laika, and others. He is most known for his real-life observation paintings on his Instagram.
Ep.11: Curious mind of an artist with Tod Polson (The Book of Life)
Tod is an animation designer and director. He is known for his work on Howl (2010), The Secret of Kells (2009) and The Book of Life (2014).