Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Bryan Mark Taylor, a painter, lecturer, inventor and world traveler! He is most known for his plein air paintings and his work has been featured in Fine Art Connoisseur, Plein Air, and other publications.
Get in touch with Bryan
“Put yourself into situations where it’s either sink or swim and go for it. Jump in with both feet!”
- Bryan loves to travel and meeting new people because the world is changing so much.
- He says “There is nothing stranger than life” and the best movies and ideas draw inspiration from the natural world
- Bryan is inspired by ‘junk’ – places that are turning into junk – plastic, junk is interesting to paint for the reflections of light
- Bryan is living a minimalist life, keeping things simple, the Steve Jobs way. He has suitcases ready in case of travel opportunities
- Bryan advises that he always believed that a hard-working person will ultimately find a market
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Bryan’s line of easels – Strada – “bulletproof’ system for plein air painting
- Bryan’s “Master’s mind” – an instructional DVD for artists – Composition, Light & shadow, Atmosphere, Perspective, Color
- Book & Documentaries
Special thanks to Bryan for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Bryan Mark Taylor, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.39: Ahmed Aldoori on talent and discipline
Ahmed Aldoori graduated from Art Center College of Design with a BS in Entertainment Design. He enjoys and is very active in teaching art through YouTube.
Ep.138: Piper Thibodeau on creating fantasy characters
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Piper Thibodeau, a freelance character designer, and illustrator who is most known for painting cute animals and critters and has worked with clients like Nickelodeon, CGMA, Concept Cookie and DreamWorks.
Ep.57: How to grow your community online with Isabel Weber (Kassiopeeia)
Kassi is a creative watercolor illustrator based in Germany. Using mostly pastel color palette, her characters always feel airy and dreamy.
Ep.77: The art of conceptual photography with Anya Anti
Anya is internationally published and award-winning photo artist from New York. Her work has been featured in BoredPanda, Petapixels and Fstoppers.
Ep.87: Creating more art buyers with Liezel & Kitty from Subject Matter Art Gallery
Liezel is the Co-Founder/Director and Kitty is the Artists director of Subjectmatter - a photographic contemporary gallery, which represents and promotes upcoming, established and award-winning artists.
Ep.151: Atey Ghailan aka Snatti on why should always have your personal art projects
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Atey Ghailan, a.k.a Snatti, a concept artist, and illustrator, in LA. He works as Senior Illustrator and concept artist at Riot Games. In his free time, he works on his personal project called Path of Miranda.