Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Bryan Mark Taylor, a painter, lecturer, inventor and world traveler! He is most known for his plein air paintings and his work has been featured in Fine Art Connoisseur, Plein Air, and other publications.
Get in touch with Bryan
Special offers for Art Side of Life visitors
- 💎How to Make Money as an Artist (Course) – learn to make money as an artist and live a creative career you will love
- 🎓Evolve Artist Program – better than an art college education and only at a fraction of the cost – World’s Simplest Art Training Method (I am Evolve’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
- 🎨 Storytelling with Color and Light (Course) – make your artworks more believable and appealing
- 🎧 Audible – 2 FREE audiobooks – learn by listening to hundreds of books (I am Audible’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
“Put yourself into situations where it’s either sink or swim and go for it. Jump in with both feet!”
- Bryan loves to travel and meeting new people because the world is changing so much.
- He says “There is nothing stranger than life” and the best movies and ideas draw inspiration from the natural world
- Bryan is inspired by ‘junk’ – places that are turning into junk – plastic, junk is interesting to paint for the reflections of light
- Bryan is living a minimalist life, keeping things simple, the Steve Jobs way. He has suitcases ready in case of travel opportunities
- Bryan advises that he always believed that a hard working person will ultimately find a market
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Bryan’s line of easels – Strada – “bulletproof’ system for plein air painting
- Bryan’s “Master’s mind” – an instructional DVD for artists – Composition, Light & shadow, Atmosphere, Perspective, Color
- Book & Documentaries
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Bryan for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Bryan Mark Taylor, used with permission