Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Brett Bean, a Character Designer, Visdev Artist, and teacher. He is the owner of Drawn To It Studios, creating original content and outsourcing for clients like Disney, Dreamworks, Riot Games, and Marvel.
Get in touch with Brett
“Be happy with how far you got, but not satisfied with where you are at!”
“Try to screw up on daily basis to move forward!”
- Brett loves to travel, it gives him perspective about the world, so when he has a bad day and compares it to what other less fortunate people have to deal with, he is humbled.
- Brett’s perspective shifted as he was getting older – in his 20s, he had a huge ego and he is wiser now. Losing the ego part was the best what could happen to him. It’s not about social likes and jobs, it’s always about improving your skills not caring about pleasing ‘the internet’. It’s about getting ideas out of your head.
- Brett advises that art schools are great for networking … and being a nice person 🙂
- Brett says that your style is always changing because you take in a lot of information so you always get better
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools
- San Diego Comic Con, CTN Expo, Designer Con, WonderCon
Special thanks to Brett for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Brett Bean, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.205: Art licensing tips with Bonnie Christine
Bonnie Christine, an artist and pattern & textile designer. She is most known for her flowery designs, making artworks for companies & products.
Ep.166: Awesome tips for game art with Katie Hamill aka Elentori
Katie Hamill, aka Elentori a digital artist, illustrator and game developer, currently working with Multivarious gaming studio
Ep.73: From studying psychology to becoming a full time artist with Gosia Kmiec (Mkmiec Art)
Małgorzata is a freelance 2D artist, specializing in digital illustration and concept art (focusing on character and creature design).
Ep.71: How to make the best out of every situation with Bea Blue
Bea is an illustrator and vizdev artist from Spain. She is a freelance artist and she works in children's literature illustration and in DreamWorks.
Ep.40: Lärienne (lariennechan) on how to succeed in different social media
Lärienne, a traditional and digital freelance illustrator from Poland brings various characters, concepts, symbolism, and stories to life.