Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Brett Bean, a Character Designer, Visdev Artist, and teacher. He is the owner of Drawn To It Studios, creating original content and outsourcing for clients like Disney, Dreamworks, Riot Games, and Marvel.
Get in touch with Brett
“Be happy with how far you got, but not satisfied with where you are at!”
“Try to screw up on daily basis to move forward!”
- Brett loves to travel, it gives him perspective about the world, so when he has a bad day and compares it to what other less fortunate people have to deal with, he is humbled.
- Brett’s perspective shifted as he was getting older – in his 20s, he had a huge ego and he is wiser now. Losing the ego part was the best what could happen to him. It’s not about social likes and jobs, it’s always about improving your skills not caring about pleasing ‘the internet’. It’s about getting ideas out of your head.
- Brett advises that art schools are great for networking … and being a nice person 🙂
- Brett says that your style is always changing because you take in a lot of information so you always get better
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Art tools
- San Diego Comic Con, CTN Expo, Designer Con, WonderCon
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Brett for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Brett Bean, used with permission