Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ben Fiquet, an illustrator, and CEO of Lizardcube game studio. He has worked on different projects with companies like Dreamworks, Chez Eddy, King.com. A recent release is Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
Get in touch with Ben
- Website: https://www.benfiquet.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/benfikey/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BenFiquet
“Care about your craft! It’s important to know how to draw and all the aspects of drawing!”
- Ben remembers his first job and thinking: “You don’t realize how lucky you are until somebody pays you for doing what you love to do”
- Ben is present on every social media platform now. He is posting the same thing everywhere because there are different people on each platform
- Ben’s motivation trick is that he stays motivated by not finishing his drawing at the end of the day and leaving it and in the morning he is so much looking forward to going back to it and finish it 🙂
- Ben didn’t have a mentor, but he picked up knowledge from everyone he met along the way. It was such a mashup of mentors
💡 Please note: We are supported by our readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
Special thanks to Ben for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Ben Fiquet, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.7: From Dreamworks to successful Kickstarter campaigns with Jason Brubaker from Coffee Table Comics
Jason is a visual development and story board artist, producing graphic novels full-time. Some of his credits include Blade, Pitch Black, and Van Helsing.
Ep.62: Marta Nael about her distinctive style and building her community
Marta is a Spanish artist working for publisher Ediciones Babylon. After completing a Fine Arts degree she started to learn and thrive in digital art.
Ep.81: How to start and succeed as full time comic author and illustrator with Raul Trevino
Raul Trevino is a comic book writer and illustrator originally from Monterrey, Mexico, now based in Chiba, Japan. He has been making comics for the last 15 years, and his specialty is to create fun worlds full of adventure. He wants to have a dialogue with his audience through his stories.
Ep.63: Talia Zoref and her journey to working with Vogue, ELLE, Glamour, HM, Gucci and Moschino
With a great passion for fashion, Talia Zoref creates art for big brands like Vogue, ELLE, Cosmo, Glamour, HM, Gucci, MAC or Moschino.
Ep.134: How to build your credibility with Aiman Akhtar (Fungisaurs)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Aiman Akhtar, a freelance 3D Artist who specializes in character development and 3D print design. He is the creator of a toy line Fungisaurs, the cute hybrid of dinosaurs and mushrooms.