Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ben Fiquet, an illustrator, and CEO of Lizardcube game studio. He has worked on different projects with companies like Dreamworks, Chez Eddy, King.com. A recent release is Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
Get in touch with Ben
- Website: https://www.benfiquet.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/benfikey/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BenFiquet
“Care about your craft! It’s important to know how to draw and all the aspects of drawing!”
- Ben remembers his first job and thinking: “You don’t realize how lucky you are until somebody pays you for doing what you love to do”
- Ben is present on every social media platform now. He is posting the same thing everywhere because there are different people on each platform
- Ben’s motivation trick is that he stays motivated by not finishing his drawing at the end of the day and leaving it and in the morning he is so much looking forward to going back to it and finish it 🙂
- Ben didn’t have a mentor, but he picked up knowledge from everyone he met along the way. It was such a mashup of mentors
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Ben for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Ben Fiquet, used with permission