Beatrice or Bea is an amazing illustrator and visual development artist from Madrid, Spain.
She studied at Art Students League and National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts in New York and she shares really cool stories about it in the interview.
She is a full-time freelance artist and she has worked mainly in children’s literature illustration represented by The Bright Group International and also on visual development for animated movies, recently for The Dreamworks Animation. She was also part of the team working on Spanish animated movie Tad, the lost explorer 2.
She is the creator of #childhoodweek challenge that is happening each quarter.
Oh and With her husband they also produce their own water colors!!!!
Get in touch with Bea
- Website: http://www.beatriceblue.net/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beatrice.blue/
- Twitter: https://artsideoflife.com/bea-blue-store
“Never give up, even when you are overwhelmed by the amazing artists on social media. Whatever you do, just put it out there, you will improve each time!”
- Bea loves storybooks and reads at least one story per day!
- Bea has one publishing agent, for developing her career and other agents who bring smaller jobs
- Best learning Bea was from her teacher Gabriela Delloso: “Less is more”
- With her husband, Bea makes their own watercolors – they use different pigments for recipes from the internet and they use materials from their travels to create their own palettes!
- Working with the team is the best learning for Bea. If you work on traditional piece, you are in your own bubble, but in a team, you have to be in constant communication and being able to accept feedback
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Bea’s own watercolors: Fall Watercolors
- Bea studied at:
- Bea’s mentors:
- Art Tools
Special thanks to Bea for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Beatrice Blue, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.94: Drawing every time you can with Amber (Dav Kro)
Amber, aka Dav Kro, is a self-taught artist from Georgia, US. She is the Grump head and portrait artist for the Let's Play web series GameGrumps, and a story artist for Gameoverse!
Ep.73: From studying psychology to becoming a full time artist with Gosia Kmiec (Mkmiec Art)
Małgorzata is a freelance 2D artist, specializing in digital illustration and concept art (focusing on character and creature design).
Ep.68: Stefan Hansson on how to be a successful artist in gaming industry
In this episode I chat with Stefan Hansson, who works as a Freelance Concept Artist, Illustrator, and Art Director within the creative industries.
Ep.187: Art Processes and Techniques – Interview Highlights
Hey, guys! This episode is about highlights from the previous Art Side of Life interviews. Ester Conceicao a.k.a Tehchan, Matt Urbanowicz, Victoria Ying and Armand Baltazar share tips and advice about their art process.
Ep.51: Bryan Sims on why you don’t have to go to expensive school to do animation
Bryan Sims is a Los Angeles based artist, a graduate of Art Center College of Design with a passion for visual development, story, character, and sketching.