Beatrice or Bea is an amazing illustrator and visual development artist from Madrid, Spain.
She studied at Art Students League and National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts in New York and she shares really cool stories about it in the interview.
She is a full-time freelance artist and she has worked mainly in children’s literature illustration represented by The Bright Group International and also on visual development for animated movies, recently for The Dreamworks Animation. She was also part of the team working on Spanish animated movie Tad, the lost explorer 2.
She is the creator of #childhoodweek challenge that is happening each quarter.
Oh and With her husband they also produce their own water colors!!!!
Get in touch with Bea
- Website: http://www.beatriceblue.net/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beatrice.blue/
- Twitter: https://artsideoflife.com/bea-blue-store
“Never give up, even when you are overwhelmed by the amazing artists on social media. Whatever you do, just put it out there, you will improve each time!”
- Bea loves storybooks and reads at least one story per day!
- Bea has one publishing agent, for developing her career and other agents who bring smaller jobs
- Best learning Bea was from her teacher Gabriela Delloso: “Less is more”
- With her husband, Bea makes their own watercolors – they use different pigments for recipes from the internet and they use materials from their travels to create their own palettes!
- Working with the team is the best learning for Bea. If you work on traditional piece, you are in your own bubble, but in a team, you have to be in constant communication and being able to accept feedback
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Bea’s own watercolors: Fall Watercolors
- Bea studied at:
- Bea’s mentors:
- Art Tools
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Bea for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Beatrice Blue, used with permission