Baylee joined YouTube back in 2011 with her Baylee Creations channel where she has now over 90 million views and 830K subscribers!
She creates all kinds of videos related to art, like speed-paints, hauls, product reviews, tutorials, and more. She also has two other channels with art and personal vlogging Bumble Baylee (daily vlogs) and Doodle Domain (art for kids).
Learn from my easy-to-follow online classes such as Making Money as an Artist, Color & Light, Color Palettes, Perspective & Composition, Instagram for Artists, and more!
Get in touch with Baylee
“Do what you want and if you want to make art to be your career, just go for it … you have just one life and if you miss it, you miss it”
- For Baylee, YouTube was a hobby on the side and eventually became a full-time job
- She was nervous to make that plunge and what persuaded her was a call with another YouTuber, a full-timer. They talked about YouTube in general, about following dreams. They advised her to jump in and go for it …
- Baylee structures her days in ‘batching’. She assigns different days to different things
- The biggest thing for YouTube. Try to let your personality to come through. You get nervous at first, so if you are shy to show your face, just try to speak in the videos instead of subtitles or music. At least start with your voice and try to talk like with a friend. People will become attached to you
- “Follow your heart and do all the art”
- Art tools
- YouTube Artists Collective Facebook Group
- Inspiration: Mr. Dressup
- ImagineFX & Computer Arts magazines
Special thanks to Baylee for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Baylee Jae, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Hi, I am Iva (rhymes with “viva”). I am a full-time self-taught artist behind Art Side of Life® and a Top Teacher on Skillshare. I have 15 years of experience in the creative field as a concept designer, illustrator, art director, and now freelance artist, content creator, and art instructor. My goal is to help you get your creative groove on with Procreate and make awesome art through practical classes, tutorials, Procreate brushes, and guides on art tools, supplies and resources. About me »
More Podcast Episodes:
Evolve Artist Academy: From Aspiring Artist To Success Story with Piper Talladay
Discover how Piper, head instructor at Evolve Artist Academy, helps aspiring artists turn their dreams into success stories in the world of oil painting.
Ep.210: Interview with community members – Donovan, Visi and Keshna (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway - Donovan (fantasy artist, Texas), Visi (Illustrator, Colorado) and Keshna (Illustrator, New Jersey).
Ep.209: Interview with community members – Alex and Petar (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Alex (graphic designer from Poland) and Petar (3D artist from North Macedonia).
Ep.208: Interview with community members – María and Manuel (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Manuel (concept artist from Argentina) and María (Comics artist from Mexico).
Ep.207: On being a Creative Director, Illustrator, and Educator with Greg Gunn
I am chatting with Greg Gunn. He is a creative director, illustrator, and animator from LA. He helps passionate people communicate their big ideas.
Ep.206: Beatrice “Bea” Blue on the importance of enjoying the journey
I am catching up with Beatrice Blue. We chat about what she has been up to since we talked last time - her time in Montreal, her new books and much more.
Ep.205: Art licensing tips with Bonnie Christine
Bonnie Christine, an artist and pattern & textile designer. She is most known for her flowery designs, making artworks for companies & products.
Ep.204: Illustration for Motion Design with Sarah Beth Morgan
Sarah Beth Morgan, a freelance art director, motion designer & illustrator based in Portland. She has worked with Gentleman Scholar and Oddfellows.