Baylee joined YouTube back in 2011 with her Baylee Creations channel where she has now over 90 million views and 830K subscribers!
She creates all kinds of videos related to art, like speed-paints, hauls, product reviews, tutorials, and more. She also has two other channels with art and personal vlogging Bumble Baylee (daily vlogs) and Doodle Domain (art for kids).
Learn from my easy-to-follow online classes such as Making Money as an Artist, Color & Light, Color Palettes, Perspective & Composition, Instagram for Artists, and more!
Get in touch with Baylee
“Do what you want and if you want to make art to be your career, just go for it … you have just one life and if you miss it, you miss it”
- For Baylee, YouTube was a hobby on the side and eventually became a full-time job
- She was nervous to make that plunge and what persuaded her was a call with another YouTuber, a full-timer. They talked about YouTube in general, about following dreams. They advised her to jump in and go for it …
- Baylee structures her days in ‘batching’. She assigns different days to different things
- The biggest thing for YouTube. Try to let your personality to come through. You get nervous at first, so if you are shy to show your face, just try to speak in the videos instead of subtitles or music. At least start with your voice and try to talk like with a friend. People will become attached to you
- “Follow your heart and do all the art”
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools
- YouTube Artists Collective Facebook Group
- Inspiration: Mr. Dressup
- ImagineFX & Computer Arts magazines
Special thanks to Baylee for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Baylee Jae, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.55: Arucelli on having fun with art and being open to learning from everyone
Arucelli is a digital artist from North Carolina. She is most known for drawing anime and colorful Manga style with a fantasy feel.
Ep.28: Why it’s a good idea to attend art competitions with Meike Schneider (2D/3D)
Meike is a 2D/3D Character & Environment Artist currently freelancing for various animation studios and working at the PIXL VISN Media Arts Academy.
Ep.97: Take your time to find your style with Alexandra Vuorio aka Kasvei
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Alexandra Vuorio, aka Kasvei from Finland. She is a self-taught digital and watercolor artist, most known for painting whimsical female characters connected with nature.
Ep.93: Marc Brunet on how to be in charge of your own life
Marc Brunet, a Character, Concept and 3D artist and founder of Cube Brush, a platform for tutorials, tools, game & design assets.
Ep.141: Don’t fear rejection and always get up with Nikolas Draper-Ivey
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nikolas Draper-Ivey, an illustrator, and writer in NY. His work includes Star Wars and Disney Characters re-imagined as Marvel Characters. He has recently worked on the cover for Marvel’s Black Panther album!