Asia Ladowska is a designer & illustrator based in the UK.
Her Instagram page is full of amazing character designs inspired by Manga and mostly created by either pencils or Copic markers. She is constantly growing her Instagram following of almost 500k followers. She has been just featured in Anime and Manga magazine NEO.
Asia shares her drawing process videos with her YouTube followers and you can find full process videos on her Patreon page.
Get in touch with Asia
Learn from my easy-to-follow online classes such as Making Money as an Artist, Color & Light, Color Palettes, Perspective & Composition, Instagram for Artists, and more!
“Whatever you have to do tomorrow, do yesterday”
- Her ‘mentors’ were artists on Instagram, posting art every day and every day the drawings were better and better. She started to do the same, drawing every day and getting better every day!
- Her worst advice ever was not to draw Manga … every art school she went to, they discouraged her to do it, because Manga is flat …
- She just decided at some point to do only Manga. One day she had a bad day both at the university and at work and she started Instagram account dedicated to Manga only – small decision, but such a big change
- Every day she comes from work at 6-7pm and she just draws, even if she is tired, because nobody wants to hear excuses. It is relaxing for her and makes her happy.
- She decides to take on projects if they are fun to do. It’s her free time and she wants to spend it either by learning something new or by doing something fun
- Her most difficult time of her art career was when she signed a contract with an agent for 5 years. Be more careful by selecting agency so it is aligned with your vision and values.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools
- PayPal – for processing online payments, you can attach client contracts to payments
Special thanks to Asia for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Asia Ladowska, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.118: Sometimes less is more with Olga Zavershinskaya aka Armene
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Olga Zavershinskaya, a fine art photographer, and digital artist. She is the winner of multiple International Photography Awards and Trierenberg Super Circuit, the world's largest photo art contest.
Ep.23: How to succeed in the world of children’s books with Gene Barretta
Gene is a highly accomplished and awarded children's book author and illustrator, animator and character designer.
Ep.11: Curious mind of an artist with Tod Polson (The Book of Life)
Tod is an animation designer and director. He is known for his work on Howl (2010), The Secret of Kells (2009) and The Book of Life (2014).
Ep.46: Licensing your art to Disney, Star Wars and Warner Bros with Rob Kaz
Rob is a concept artist and character designer. He was granted the license to paint some of his favorite films from Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm and Warner Bros
Ep.110: Johanna Tarkela on motivation in the moments of self-doubt
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Johanna Tarkela, a self-taught artist from Finland, now residing in the UK. With a big love for the natural world and fantasy creatures, she works in digital media and creates believable atmospheric work.
Ep.123: How to improve your skills fast with Brett Bean from Drawn To It Studios
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Brett Bean, a Character Designer, Visdev Artist, and teacher. He is the owner of Drawn To It Studios, creating original content and outsourcing for clients like Disney, Dreamworks, Riot Games, and Marvel.