Asia Ladowska is a designer & illustrator based in the UK.
Her Instagram page is full of amazing character designs inspired by Manga and mostly created by either pencils or Copic markers. She is constantly growing her Instagram following of almost 500k followers. She has been just featured in Anime and Manga magazine NEO.
Asia shares her drawing process videos with her YouTube followers and you can find full process videos on her Patreon page.
Get in touch with Asia
- Instagram: ladowska
- Patreon: ladowska
- YouTube: Asia Ladowska
- DeviantArt: ladowska
- Facebook: ladowska
Special offers for Art Side of Life visitors
- 💎How to Make Money as an Artist (Course) – learn to make money as an artist and live a creative career you will love
- 🎓Evolve Artist Program – better than an art college education and only at a fraction of the cost – World’s Simplest Art Training Method (I am Evolve’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
- 🎨 Storytelling with Color and Light (Course) – make your artworks more believable and appealing
- 🎧 Audible – 2 FREE audiobooks – learn by listening to hundreds of books (I am Audible’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
“Whatever you have to do tomorrow, do yesterday”
- Her ‘mentors’ were artists on Instagram, posting art every day and every day the drawings were better and better. She started to do the same, drawing every day and getting better every day!
- Her worst advice ever was not to draw Manga … every art school she went to, they discouraged her to do it, because Manga is flat …
- She just decided at some point to do only Manga. One day she had a bad day both at the university and at work and she started Instagram account dedicated to Manga only – small decision, but such a big change
- Every day she comes from work at 6-7pm and she just draws, even if she is tired, because nobody wants to hear excuses. It is relaxing for her and makes her happy.
- She decides to take on projects if they are fun to do. It’s her free time and she wants to spend it either by learning something new or by doing something fun
- Her most difficult time of her art career was when she signed a contract with an agent for 5 years. Be more careful by selecting agency so it is aligned with your vision and values.
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Art tools
- PayPal – for processing online payments, you can attach client contracts to payments
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or Stitcher. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Asia for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Asia Ladowska, used with permission