Knight Zhang, better known as Arucelli is a digital artist from North Carolina, United States. She is currently studying at Savannah College of Art and Design. She comes from an artistic family that always encouraged her to create art.
She is most known for drawing anime and colorful Manga style with a fantasy feel.
She has always been a part of artistic communities, learning from the other artists and now you can also learn from her speed paints and tutorials covering topics like how to color or how to blend and more on her youtube channel.
Get in touch with Arucelli
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/arucelli/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/arucelliTV/featured
- Twitch: https://go.twitch.tv/arucelli
“Try to have fun, understand that if you gonna be active online, not everyone will like it. Just try to find your niche, be open, be open to grow and be open to learning from everyone, from different countries. Be kind, be supportive and just have a good time and make others have a good time”
- Worst advice Arucelli ever got was to depend on talent. Talent is a dangerous word to use … it’s important to be part of the art community, supporting each other and working for it just like everyone else
- Arucelli’s best motivation is cool art around herself – “I want to create something cool as well!”
- Arucelli thinks that the best to learn art is from the masters and by observing. E.g. learning Manga. Surround yourself by Japanese art, manga. It’s like learning a new language. Only a full immersion gives you the best results.
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Arucelli is active on these platforms
- Twitter and DeviantArt, CGHub, Instagram, Tumblr & ArtStation, YouTube
- Art Tools
Special thanks to Arucelli for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Knight Zhang, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.16: Building online communities is important for future possibilities with Neimy Kanani
Neimy is a digital artist from California, currently studying in Florida. Her characters have vivid colors and beautiful flowy hair.
Ep.106: Devon Cady-Lee shares awesome tips on how to design characters
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Devon Cady-Lee, a freelance Character designer and Concept Artist living in Seattle. He has worked for studios like Warner Bros Turbine, Wizard of the Coast, and latest being Motiga games Gigantic!
Ep.133: Wouter Tulp on the process of character design
Wouter Tulp, a Freelance illustrator and Character designer from Holland. He has worked on children books, magazines, and now works with animation studios.
Ep.193: Part 2 – Creating stories in your art with Andy Estrada
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with Andy Estrada, on Instagram known as andy_estra, an illustrator from Texas.
Ep.18: Why you can learn much more by focusing on specific art topics with Tomasz Mro
Tomasz Mro is a Polish illustrator living in the UK. As a freelancer, he creates personal works mainly using watercolors, pencil, pens, acrylic, and inks.
Ep.139: Chris Ayers on what makes a great character designer
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Chris Ayers, a Character Designer, and Story Artist from LA. He has worked with Dreamworks, Sony Pictures, Disney TV and others. He is known for his book series Daily Zoo, drawing one animal a day.