Hey, guys! This episode is about highlights from the previous Art Side of Life interviews. Ester Conceicao a.k.a Tehchan, Matt Urbanowicz, Victoria Ying and Armand Baltazar share tips and advice about their art process.
Watch full interviews here
- Ester Conceicao a.k.a Tehchan https://artsideoflife.com/tehchan-ester-conceicao/
- Mateusz Urbanowicz https://artsideoflife.com/mateusz-urbanowicz/
- Victoria Ying https://artsideoflife.com/victoria-ying/
- Armand Baltazar https://artsideoflife.com/armand-baltazar/
Feature artwork by Mateusz Urbanowicz, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Support Art Side of Life by supporting our sponsor:
- Astropad Studio – an app that turns your iPad Pro into a wireless graphics tablet for your Mac. It works with any Mac app, so you can use Photoshop and Illustrator right on your iPad. As a member of Art Side of Life community, you will get an exclusive 10% discount with the promo code ARTSIDE. To get started, go to artsideoflife.com/astropad and enter the promo code ARTSIDE
Ep.143: Awesome tips for creating stories and characters with Armand Baltazar (Timeless book series)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Armand Baltazar, a background & visdev artist, and art director. He worked with big studios such as Dreamworks, Walt Disney, and Pixar. He is also the creator of a fantasy book series called Timeless!
Ep.141: Don’t fear rejection and always get up with Nikolas Draper-Ivey
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nikolas Draper-Ivey, an illustrator, and writer in NY. His work includes Star Wars and Disney Characters re-imagined as Marvel Characters. He has recently worked on the cover for Marvel’s Black Panther album!
Ep.129: Why you should welcome feedback for your art with Pernille Ørum
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Pernille Ørum, a freelance illustrator and character designer from Denmark. Her clients include Disney, Warner Bros, Mattel, and Nickelodeon. She was the lead character designer on DC Superhero Girls.
Ep.157: Your role with your art is to communicate, not to be perfect with Fran Meneses aka Frannerd
Fran Meneses, aka Frannerd, a freelance illustrator in the UK. She is currently workingon supporting her art community on Patreon, YouTube, and Instagram.
Ep.101: Nick Runge on why it’s important to draw and paint every day
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Nick Runge, a watercolor, oil and comic books artist originally living in LA. He is most known as a portrait painter, describing his art “abstracted realism”. In the past, he worked for IDW and Dark Horse.
Ep.151: Atey Ghailan aka Snatti on why should always have your personal art projects
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Atey Ghailan, a.k.a Snatti, a concept artist, and illustrator, in LA. He works as Senior Illustrator and concept artist at Riot Games. In his free time, he works on his personal project called Path of Miranda.