Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Olga Zavershinskaya, a fine art photographer, and digital artist. She is the winner of multiple International Photography Awards and Trierenberg Super Circuit, the world’s largest photo art contest.
Get in touch with Olga
Special offers for Art Side of Life visitors
- 💎How to Make Money as an Artist (Course) – learn to make money as an artist and live a creative career you will love
- 🎓Evolve Artist Program – better than an art college education and only at a fraction of the cost – World’s Simplest Art Training Method (I am Evolve’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
- 🎨 Storytelling with Color and Light (Course) – make your artworks more believable and appealing
- 🎧 Audible – 2 FREE audiobooks – learn by listening to hundreds of books (I am Audible’s affiliate partner, which means I will get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use this link to make a purchase. Thank you for supporting Art Side of Life)
“Sometimes less is more. Don’t overload your work with too many details”
- Olga says that Russia is very limited for fine art photographers and her first jobs were weddings, which are all about client tastes and not really artistic. So she moved to Czech Republic.
- Olga advises to do promotion and marketing as much as you can – take part in photo contests, events, find nice people
- The fascinating thing about the fine art photography for Olga is the shapes and matching them together
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Olga’s favorite quote is by Saint-Exupery: “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
- Favorite tools
- Book: “How to pose the Model” by William Mortensen
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Olga for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Olga Zavershinskaya, used with permission