Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Olga Zavershinskaya, a fine art photographer, and digital artist. She is the winner of multiple International Photography Awards and Trierenberg Super Circuit, the world’s largest photo art contest.
Get in touch with Olga
“Sometimes less is more. Don’t overload your work with too many details”
- Olga says that Russia is very limited for fine art photographers and her first jobs were weddings, which are all about client tastes and not really artistic. So she moved to Czech Republic.
- Olga advises to do promotion and marketing as much as you can – take part in photo contests, events, find nice people
- The fascinating thing about the fine art photography for Olga is the shapes and matching them together
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Olga’s favorite quote is by Saint-Exupery: “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
- Favorite tools
- Book: “How to pose the Model” by William Mortensen
Special thanks to Olga for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Olga Zavershinskaya, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.25: The meaning of Fake it till you make it with Audra Auclair
Audra is a Canadian artist who specializes in exploring the surreal and beautiful female form with her transcendent fusion of fine art and illustration.
Ep.113: Kenny Anderson on how to start your art career
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Kenny Anderson, a character designer, illustrator, and animator. He worked on the Oscar-nominated film "The Illusionist" in 2010 and with companies, such as BBC Ceebeebies, and Disney Interactive.
Ep.169: Knowing your value as an artist with Isadora Zeferino
Isadora Zeferino, a freelance illustrator and visual development artist from Rio . She is most known for her positive artworks on her social media.
Ep.181: How to tell stories in your images with Matt Rhodes (Tellurion)
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Matt Rhodes, an Art Director at Bioware. He has worked on Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition. His personal project called Tellurion is an attempt to tell a story entirely through visuals.
Ep.163: Ester Conceicao aka Tehchan on how to do stylized drawing
In this episode, I am chatting with Ester Conceicao aka Tehchan, a concept artist, and illustrator. She is most known for her illustrations of animals.