Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Alli Koch, the owner of Ali K Design from Dallas, TX. She designs in modern, minimal style full of neutral colors. Each design is a one-of-a-kind, made to order and created by hand.
Get in touch with Alli
- Website: https://www.allikdesign.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allikdesign/
- Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/breakfast-with-sis/id1219824475
“Confidence, work-life balance and networking are the key!”
- When Alli grew up, there was a misconception around her about the ‘starving’ artist. Because of that, she went to school to get Marketing degree and surprise, she couldn’t find a job with such degree! Fortunately, she picked up art, posted stuff on Instagram and people liked it and it snowballed from there.
- Alli’s mentor is her Dad who is a motivational speaker and she has had breakfast with him every Saturday since she was 13 years old!
- Alli recommends to balance the work and life and make time for doing nothing. You should put your life on a calendar!
- Alli took some time to discover her brand because first, she did work that was popular among the others but not for her. She transitioned to do what she likes, and she achieved bigger success!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Micron pens – Alli uses them all day long – goes through them like candy
- Alli and her dad’s podcast – Breakfast with Sis
- iPad Pro with Apple Pencil and ProCreate App
Special thanks to Alli for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Alli Koch, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.137: The art of storytelling with Mauricio Abril
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Mauricio Abril, a Concept Artist who switched from Molecular Biology to art. He has worked with Disney, Universal Creative, Ubisoft, and Hasbro. Mauricio teaches at CGMA and LA Academy of Figurative Art.
Ep.180: How to negotiate your prices properly with Ruby Lee
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Ruby Lee, a character designer from NZ with experience in film and TV. She worked as Lead Designer, Art Director for Nickelodeon and 7Towns and as Costume Designer on Hobbit, Elysium, Ghost in the Shell.
Ep.0: About Art Side of Life
Art Side of Life is a 5-day a week podcast and YouTube interviews show dedicated to inspiring all the artists out there to pursue their passion in life.
Ep.82: Freelancing since she was 15 years old with Devin Elle Kurtz (Tamberella)
Devin started her professional freelance illustrator career when she was only 15 years old! She creates stunning animals, creatures, and natural environment work. She loves to tutor and teach other artists as well and you can learn from her during private consultations or from her tutorials on Patreon and Gumroad.
Ep.147: Victoria Ying on how to make a portfolio for animation studios
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Victoria Ying, author, and artist from LA. Her film credits include Tangled, Wreck it Ralph, Frozen, Paperman, Big Hero 6, and Moana. She was featured in the book Lovely - Ladies in Animation.
Ep.151: Atey Ghailan aka Snatti on why should always have your personal art projects
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Atey Ghailan, a.k.a Snatti, a concept artist, and illustrator, in LA. He works as Senior Illustrator and concept artist at Riot Games. In his free time, he works on his personal project called Path of Miranda.