Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Alli Koch, the owner of Ali K Design from Dallas, TX. She designs in modern, minimal style full of neutral colors. Each design is a one-of-a-kind, made to order and created by hand.
Get in touch with Alli
- Website: https://www.allikdesign.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allikdesign/
- Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/breakfast-with-sis/id1219824475
“Confidence, work-life balance and networking are the key!”
- When Alli grew up, there was a misconception around her about the ‘starving’ artist. Because of that, she went to school to get Marketing degree and surprise, she couldn’t find a job with such degree! Fortunately, she picked up art, posted stuff on Instagram and people liked it and it snowballed from there.
- Alli’s mentor is her Dad who is a motivational speaker and she has had breakfast with him every Saturday since she was 13 years old!
- Alli recommends to balance the work and life and make time for doing nothing. You should put your life on a calendar!
- Alli took some time to discover her brand because first, she did work that was popular among the others but not for her. She transitioned to do what she likes, and she achieved bigger success!
Note: some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Micron pens – Alli uses them all day long – goes through them like candy
- Alli and her dad’s podcast – Breakfast with Sis
- iPad Pro with Apple Pencil and ProCreate App
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
Share your thoughts:
- Leave a comment or ask a question in the comments section below
- Share this show on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest
Help out to reach more aspiring artists:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Alli for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Alli Koch, used with permission