Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Alli Koch, the owner of Ali K Design from Dallas, TX. She designs in modern, minimal style full of neutral colors. Each design is a one-of-a-kind, made to order and created by hand.
Get in touch with Alli
- Website: https://www.allikdesign.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allikdesign/
- Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/breakfast-with-sis/id1219824475
“Confidence, work-life balance and networking are the key!”
- When Alli grew up, there was a misconception around her about the ‘starving’ artist. Because of that, she went to school to get Marketing degree and surprise, she couldn’t find a job with such degree! Fortunately, she picked up art, posted stuff on Instagram and people liked it and it snowballed from there.
- Alli’s mentor is her Dad who is a motivational speaker and she has had breakfast with him every Saturday since she was 13 years old!
- Alli recommends to balance the work and life and make time for doing nothing. You should put your life on a calendar!
- Alli took some time to discover her brand because first, she did work that was popular among the others but not for her. She transitioned to do what she likes, and she achieved bigger success!
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Micron pens – Alli uses them all day long – goes through them like candy
- Alli and her dad’s podcast – Breakfast with Sis
- iPad Pro with Apple Pencil and ProCreate App
Special thanks to Alli for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Alli Koch, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.125: Collaborate with others to improve your skills with Hedvig H-S aka Vixiearts
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Hedvig H-S, better known as Vixiearts, a concept artist, freelance illustrator & comic artist. She started as a comic artist in 2004 and has since then created art for books, animation, games, magazines.
Ep.151: Atey Ghailan aka Snatti on why should always have your personal art projects
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Atey Ghailan, a.k.a Snatti, a concept artist, and illustrator, in LA. He works as Senior Illustrator and concept artist at Riot Games. In his free time, he works on his personal project called Path of Miranda.
Ep.209: Interview with community members – Alex and Petar (YouTube 20k subs giveaway)
Special episode with the winners of the YouTube 20k giveaway. I chat with Alex (graphic designer from Poland) and Petar (3D artist from North Macedonia).
Ep.34: The craft of urban sketching with Teoh Yi Chie from Parkablogs.com
Teoh, the founder of parkablogs.com is an artist/designer who creates graphics for news publication. He now shares his experience and knowledge on YouTube.
Ep.108: Why it’s important to market your art with Alba Bordes from Made of Sundays
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Alba Bordes, the co-founder of Made of Sundays studio in Finland. Together with her husband and her sister they started producing cute stickers and creative wall decoration for both homes and offices.