I’m an illustrator, baked goods consumer, cat hugger and tea drinker, living in Seattle, WA.
Alisa is a freelance illustrator, primarily working with watercolors. She loves plants and flowers which reflect in her beautiful watercolor illustrations.
Check out her YouTube channel where she has over 50K followers with videos about Art Supply Haul + More!, Creating big illustration || Watercolor drawing “GREENHOUSE” or other water color art videos!
Currently, she has been super busy making new stuff for her store that she is planning to open in July, selling vinyl stickers and art prints.
Get in touch with Alisa
- Website: http://vysochina.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alisavysochina/
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/alisavysochina
“Just draw, don’t be afraid to ask for advice, don’t be afraid to approach artists you like and be adventurous and try more stuff”
- Alisa didn’t consider art as a career because she was afraid she would lose such a cool hobby. If you do something too much, it becomes a ‘chore’. She studied Law
- Alisa used to hate drawing plants & nature, but it organically grew on her. She became more patient and now she loves to draw plants
- Don’t critique young artists – you should make them happy about art. At a young age it’s more important to make them fall in love with art instead of critique. They will eventually learn the right techniques
- “Be nice to yourself and to other artists, because the world is harsh and eventually you will get a lot of critique from everywhere, even if you don’t ask for it … “
💡 Please note: This article may include affiliate links. When you buy through those links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you! For more info, please read our disclosure.
- Art tools
- Favorite Ghibli movies
- Events where you can meet Alisa in 2018
Special thanks to Alisa for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Alisa Vysochina, used with permission
Click Here For The Episode Transcript
Ep.99: The power of taking challenges on Instagram with Levi Prewitt
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Levi Prewitt, a cartoonist from San Francisco, California. He is the creator of Repo Creepo a comic about the hunters of the ghost, vampires, and daemons! He also worked on a card game Kill the Unicorns.
Ep.120: Don’t fear anything, it’s your own journey with Steve Ahn
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Steve Ahn, a Director and Artist behind Voltron Legendary Defender & Avatar: The Legend of Korra and Ben 10. In 2017 Steve released a pilot for his animated mini-series Blossom Detective Holmes!
Ep.193: Part 2 – Creating stories in your art with Andy Estrada
Hey, guys! In this episode split into two parts, I am chatting with Andy Estrada, on Instagram known as andy_estra, an illustrator from Texas.
Ep.197: Evolve Artist Program with Kevin Murphy
Interview with Kevin Murphy, the creator of the Evolve Artist Program, the world's most effective art education program.
Ep.198: Create Art That Sells with Cat Coquillette (Cat Coq)
Cat Coq, a location-independent artist, and designer selling on society6 and teaching on Skillshare. Her designs appear on products in Target & Urban Outfitters.
Ep.126: How to get a job at big studio with Felipe Machado
Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Felipe Machado, a digital illustrator and concept artist from Colombia who is most known for doing the cover art for music bands and working for Lucas Films. He runs Blank Atelier and Colectivo Tajalapiz.