Hey, guys! In this episode, I am chatting with Abigail Larson, a mixed-media illustrator. Her work appeared in Spectrum Fantastic Art, Art Fundamentals, and Digital Artist and she’s worked with publishers like IDW Publishing, Titan Comics, 3DTotal.
Get in touch with Abigail
“It is not important to focus on finding your style, but rather on creating a lot, trying different things and studying lots of artists. The style will come to you!”
- Abigail says that developing your art skills is the most important thing you can do in the beginning – anatomy, perspective, color, and light. A lot of young artists focus on finding style but forget you have to master the fundamentals first. You can’t wing it to make it look believable
- Abigail shares she went into freelance too early, she was too eager, and she would slow down and work on her portfolio and set up her business properly first.
- Abigail works only with ‘flat rates’ when charging her clients and then add % on top in terms of merchandise and licensing
- Inspiration: Books illustrated by Arthur Rackham
- Books Abigail illustrated
- Abigail worked on this game: The Huntsman: Winter’s war
- Abigail is currently working on The Dark Wood Tarot for Llewellyn Worldwide
Special thanks to Abigail for joining me today. See you next time!
All artworks by Abigail Larson, used with permission